• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Needs to Finish the Year/ Baker Needs to be the Next Clausen

Just now, Knaakedup said:

Lions will destroy us. Steelers will be Kenny’s breakout game and they will beat us too. 

I hope so, the fact it’s us, the lions and Steelers with the top 3 picks had me concerned we will mess up and beat one of them. I’m not that concerned with the Steelers because if they get the no 1 pick I don’t see them taking another QB, but the Lions def would 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, panthersgreenville said:

I hope so, the fact it’s us, the lions and Steelers with the top 3 picks had me concerned we will mess up and beat one of them. I’m not that concerned with the Steelers because if they get the no 1 pick I don’t see them taking another QB, but the Lions def would 

If the Steelers end up with the #1 pick this year starting Pickett the rest of the way, I'd bet my entire life savings that they draft a new QB and trade Pickett for whatever they could get for him.

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i literally cannot watch another matt rhule game. i sat through every fuging loss of the 2010 season and it was infinitely easier than this. i honestly don't think i can make it through next week if we don't have a new coach to give me some kind of hope.

I sat through all of those too, and the only thing that made it worthwhile was that #1 pick

17 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Myself and others have mentioned that Rhule and Baker give us the best chance at #1 overall. I honestly do not want any coaching or personnel change that would affect that possibility.

I may take a few games off from watching because the misery is only funny to a point. I will probably work on Sundays or do other things. I suggest people also find another hobby on Sundays.

It is a sacrifice we need to make now. The season over 1/4 over anyways.

Problem is there is no Cam waiting. 

4 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It is definitely time to give up on the season. 1-4 teams don't make the playoffs, and interim coaches rarely ever stick. We also need a new QB. How exactly are we going to get one without the draft? No more FA QBs please

So you want fans to accept you're trying to lose the next 12 games? I don't think that's a good idea. And the whole tanking thing rarely works anyway. QB success is more dependent on the dynamics of the team that drafts them than when they're drafted. 

Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold were drafted ahead of Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. Mitch Trubisky went ahead of Mahomes and Watson.  

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

That's the whole point I am trying to make. This season is a wash anyways

Agree there's little to no chance this team goes to the playoffs - though I'll argue the division isn't all that strong right now. 

The offense needs to find an identity. The right players need to find time on the field in the right positions to succeed. That's how talent is developed. This team has a culture of losing. You can't continue to cultivate that culture and then expect it all to change because you drafted a 22 year old QB with no NFL experience. That DOES NOT work.