• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade deadline

ladypanther

53 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

You could trade anyone from this team and I would not be heartbroken over it.

Chinn and Burns would hurt. Chinn will hopefully be used properly now and the last time that happened he looked like an emerging superstar. Burns is a superstar. But everyone else can go and I would be too upset about it.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

could you explain this

Yeah, most of our money is spread across 4 players for the forseeable future. 2 of those players can be cut this offseason and it would save us money. Ideally, we would like to trade them because it would save us more. 

If you take a team like the Rams however, they have 7 players that take up at least 15million in cap next year at a total of 140 million. If Stafford were to tear his ACL this weekend (god forbid he does), then the Rams would need to begin to shop players like Allen Robinson, Leonard Floyd, and Bobby Wagner bc they are cheaper for teams to acquire now then they will be later. Their contracts boom next two seasons. So the Rams would be sitting on a ticking time bomb without an answer at QB for the forseeable future.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

See this is what I'm saying. Some nerd poo. You're wasting my time with checking a notification, and everyone else's, reading a post that has nothing to do with anything, all because you want a win. Woohoo, you got me on a autocorrect.

dude what is wrong with you? lol. Our conversation ended, lets move on.

We sort of need to know what we will be doing next season before unloading guys that would have been a perfect fit.

Defense for instance.  Are we gonna play a 34?  Then keep Burns, etc.  If a 43, then trade him

This Defense dujour that play on Sundays has got to go.  Get an identity.

• Pie 1

On 10/10/2022 at 12:35 PM, TheCasillas said:

Im not on the defense for Fitterer. I am still a fan of the CJ trade, and know many here are knocking it. CJ on film looks really good when the ball doesnt come his direction. He doesnt fit the scheme we are running, and the 3 PIs are tough. Although I still think yesterday's PI was bs. 

I honeslty would love to see Dan Morgan promoted and part of the hiring process for the new HC. Dan Morgan has ties to Buffalo and Seattle.... so Quinn and Dorsey just make too much sense.

I will keep a lookout for this Council video.  Thanks for the heads up.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/can-steve-wilks-turn-the-carolina-panthers-season-around/id1150966073?i=1000582377290

15 minutes in.  Nothing earth shattering just goes through how the trades went down and what happened with the picks

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/can-steve-wilks-turn-the-carolina-panthers-season-around/id1150966073?i=1000582377290

15 minutes in.  Nothing earth shattering just goes through how the trades went down and what happened with the picks

Let me know if it ends up being worth the listen. I’ll set aside time 

I know we should wait a couple of weeks but we should absolutely unloading players before 11/1. 4 picks is garbage and that numbers needs to raise before the offseason.

You want to make this an attractive landing spot for a competent HC? Get them assets to improve in their way.

People act like CMC is some unreplaceable great player yet both of his HCs were fired regardless with him on the team. He isn't a QB so please stop pretending he has that effect. Fun and exciting does not equal wins. His best year we had 5 wins, yes he is replaceable and yes they will likely not be as good and yes it won't really matter outside of how it feels if he wasn't here.

There just are not many guys we shouldn't consider trading on this team if we can get a decent offer.

Edited by Waldo

The Panthers have some notable names on their roster, such as Christian McCaffrey, D.J. Moore, Jaycee Horn, Jeremy Chinn, Derrick Brown and Brian Burns. However, trading any of those players could take away the appeal of the roster for a future head-coaching candidates. Future draft picks are nice, but unless the Panthers are blown away by trade offers, they should keep their core group of young players intact for the next boss.

the Panthers should shop role players who could provide tangible depth and production for playoff contenders for reasonable returns ahead of the trade deadline on Nov. 1.

Here are three potential trade assets for the Panthers: 

WR ROBBIE ANDERSON

Anderson is one of pillars of the Rhule era. He is easily the most notable player from Rhule’s college reunion group on the team, and he has been the former head coach’s disciple since their days at Temple. That’s why it makes sense to trade Anderson with Rhule being pushed out of town. So far this season, Anderson has been a full-time starter and a part-time playmaker. He’s averaged just 2.6 catches per game, and his weekly average of 41.2 receiving yards per game has been pedestrian. Clearly, offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo is comfortable spreading the ball elsewhere.

Anderson is signed through 2023 and could be a major asset for a playoff contender. Teams like the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans could all use wideout help, and Anderson is a genuine field-stretch when used properly. Anderson would have a massive dead-money hit of $9.72 million — according to Over the Cap — but he would also save the Panthers $1.23 million in a trade. A fifth-round pick seems reasonable for a role player who has another year left on his deal.

DE MARQUIS HAYNES 

Playoff contenders typically try to add depth to rotational spots ahead of the trade deadline. Haynes, a rotational pass rusher, would fit that mold as a trade asset. The 28-year-old pass rusher could be a nice fit for a team like the Philadelphia Eagles, as the squad values pass-rushing depth. Haynes isn’t a starting-caliber player, but he can bring experience and athleticism to a rotation. With a cheap salary of $1.04 million, Haynes would only create $500,000 in dead money for the Panthers. He would also be very affordable for a playoff contender with a tight salary-cap situation. Haynes also has one more year on his contract — with a $1.44 million base salary in 2023 — so he has some long-term value in a deal. Like Anderson, a fifth-round pick would be a logical return for Haynes, who has eight career sacks on his resume.

CB DONTE JACKSON

Teams looking for starting cornerback help should key in on Jackson as a trade asset. Jackson is a talented and versatile corner, who could help a team with a banged up secondary. Just 27, Jackson has a lot of football left in his future. He’s signed through 2024 and should fetch a Day 2 pick in a trade. Jackson has produced 12 interceptions during his five-year career, and that playmaking ability should entice a team that feels like it needs an upgrade at cornerback. Jackson is still young and could help a playoff contender for a long time. While the Panthers shouldn’t rush to part with Jackson, the presence of Jaycee Horn could make them feel better about moving on from him with a strong return. If Jackson can fetch a second- or third-round pick, Fitterer should consider a swap.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article267138446.html#storylink=cpy

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Here are three potential trade assets for the Panthers: 

WR ROBBIE ANDERSON

Anderson is one of pillars of the Rhule era. He is easily the most notable player from Rhule’s college reunion group on the team, and he has been the former head coach’s disciple since their days at Temple. That’s why it makes sense to trade Anderson with Rhule being pushed out of town. So far this season, Anderson has been a full-time starter and a part-time playmaker. He’s averaged just 2.6 catches per game, and his weekly average of 41.2 receiving yards per game has been pedestrian. Clearly, offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo is comfortable spreading the ball elsewhere.

Anderson is signed through 2023 and could be a major asset for a playoff contender. Teams like the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans could all use wideout help, and Anderson is a genuine field-stretch when used properly. Anderson would have a massive dead-money hit of $9.72 million — according to Over the Cap — but he would also save the Panthers $1.23 million in a trade. A fifth-round pick seems reasonable for a role player who has another year left on his deal.

DE MARQUIS HAYNES 

Playoff contenders typically try to add depth to rotational spots ahead of the trade deadline. Haynes, a rotational pass rusher, would fit that mold as a trade asset. The 28-year-old pass rusher could be a nice fit for a team like the Philadelphia Eagles, as the squad values pass-rushing depth. Haynes isn’t a starting-caliber player, but he can bring experience and athleticism to a rotation. With a cheap salary of $1.04 million, Haynes would only create $500,000 in dead money for the Panthers. He would also be very affordable for a playoff contender with a tight salary-cap situation. Haynes also has one more year on his contract — with a $1.44 million base salary in 2023 — so he has some long-term value in a deal. Like Anderson, a fifth-round pick would be a logical return for Haynes, who has eight career sacks on his resume.

CB DONTE JACKSON

Teams looking for starting cornerback help should key in on Jackson as a trade asset. Jackson is a talented and versatile corner, who could help a team with a banged up secondary. Just 27, Jackson has a lot of football left in his future. He’s signed through 2024 and should fetch a Day 2 pick in a trade. Jackson has produced 12 interceptions during his five-year career, and that playmaking ability should entice a team that feels like it needs an upgrade at cornerback. Jackson is still young and could help a playoff contender for a long time. While the Panthers shouldn’t rush to part with Jackson, the presence of Jaycee Horn could make them feel better about moving on from him with a strong return. If Jackson can fetch a second- or third-round pick, Fitterer should consider a swap.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article267138446.html#storylink=cpy

This!

• Pie 2

We are making a lot of assumptions about what a new coach and staff will want.  There is no one answer to that.  Some think a new coach is going to be lured by less talent and more draft picks, others think the current situation is almost good enough.  The honest answer is that there are as many answers to that as there are potential coaches, maybe more.  It is going to come down to who that coach is and whether he thinks he can win or build a winner quickly with the assets we have.

Personally, the two that are available for a decent deal are Shaq and RA.  Both probably will be cap cuts next year (RA is almost definite), and if somebody is going to offer us something of value for them, we need to listen.

I am not interested in trading CMC for Buffalo's second, because the Bills' second may be about like a third unless they fall apart.  That's not to say he is not available, but the return has to be better than that.  The reason some see him as untouchable is probably because he has been the bulk of our offense since his first season, when he has been healthy.  I'd rather have him than not, but there is a price.

The other time bomb for a new coach is some of our young talent will be on year 4 of their rookie contracts next year, which means it is decision time.  That is not a killer issue, but it will greatly shape how they decide to move forward.  Chinn and Brown are probably no-brainers.  But the rest need to prove they are more valuable than somebody new.  That is part of the price for screwing around the last year or two, more worried about things other than on-field performance.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, stirs said:

We sort of need to know what we will be doing next season before unloading guys that would have been a perfect fit.

Defense for instance.  Are we gonna play a 34?  Then keep Burns, etc.  If a 43, then trade him

This Defense dujour that play on Sundays has got to go.  Get an identity.

Unfortunately, this probably depends on who the new coach is, and we won't know that by 11/1.

Ultimately, I think Fitts fate also might rest upon the new hire. I don't think we're getting Payton, but if we did, and he didn't want to work with Fitts, I think Fitts would be done.