• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that Rhule has been let go: Time to Suck Proud for Stroud

Varking

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he have the top pick we should also have the 32nd pick since the Dolphins will be forfeiting their pick.  We could probably get a nice QB there if we aren’t in love with the big 3. 

We are the odds on favorite for the first pick but I just dont see it.  I think we still up winning a few we shouldnt.  That is unless the injury bug ravages this team

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I've said it before, but here we go again...

You guys act like we can tank this season. Like we have a choice or something.

There's a damn good chance we lose out from here. That's not tanking, it's getting our asses kicked.

Yeah at this point I am ok with it. Whatever QB we fall in love with its time to go get them. No more retreads from other teams. No more hoping our mid to late rounders blossom into something startable. Go get the high talent folks from college while we still have some talent on this team. 

• Pie 2

Fields is a good comparison for Stroud. Any QB whether it be from OSU, Alabama, Fresno State, or Arizona is going to look terrible if they have no WRs, O-line, and terrible coaching. I just wonder if Fields will get the same second chance as Baker, Darnold, or other guys like Blake Bortles. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Fields is a good comparison for Stroud. Any QB whether it be from OSU, Alabama, Fresno State, or Arizona is going to look terrible if they have no WRs, O-line, and terrible coaching. I just wonder if Fields will get the same second chance as Baker, Darnold, or other guys like Blake Bortles. 

Fields looked good last Sunday. He’s on a really bad team that is going to be upgraded soon. Gotta give him time.

he had something like 285 total yards and 1 td and another long td run that was called back. I think he’s gonna work out in the long run. This is basically his first year with a solid coach.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Fields looked good last Sunday. He’s on a really bad team that is going to be upgraded soon. Gotta give him time.

Yes, I heard on a podcast that they are about to go all in on him. I hope so as I hate seeing player's careers wasted cause they don't have any help. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

This is the third year in a row my philosophy is please just take a QB with our first pick, any of them - just do it. 

Why isn't Hendon Hooker being mentioned?

I believe he is older (25), runs a college offense, and is solid but not elite at one particular thing. He could be decent, but I wouldn’t think he would be a top 10 pick. 

...be prepared to develop and have patience with a newly drafted QB, prolly 2 years...Cam was the exception.... he should have reasonable accuracy, arm strength and high intelligence... an OC with a friendly offense and a qb coach that can actually teach the ways of the NFL. but we need to invest in a qb in the draft...and surround him with good people.