• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

By god, it’s Marty Hurney’s ghost…

Cary Kollins

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Hurney must have really wanted him to give him an unprecedented seven year 62 million dollar contract.

Poor Tepper. Marty made him fly all the way out there.

It's not like Tepper hired him over Marty's objections. And as mentioned, the flight was just a logistical thing.

Go back and read the stories about Rhule's interview. You'll see plenty of examples of David Tepper giving Marty Hurney loads of credit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's not like Tepper hired him over Marty's objections. And as mentioned, the flight was just a logistical thing.

Go back and read the stories about Rhule's interview. You'll see plenty of examples of David Tepper giving Marty Hurney loads of credit.

Listen, I'm not trying to absolve Hurney. What I'm getting at is I feel like people are already white washing Tepper's disastrous decision making. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Listen, I'm not trying to absolve Hurney. What I'm getting at is I feel like people are already white washing Tepper's disastrous decision making. 

Link goes to paywall, but it is this one.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article239072273.html

Of the three Panthers representatives taking part in the conversation, Hurney was the most skeptical of Rhule and if he would be the right fit.

“You go into it and you have preconceived notions and I was probably more toward Matt Rhule in the process, the ranking, just for me. Marty had other rankings,” Tepper said. “And then I think once we saw him switch over — me and Steven were kind of on the Matt Rhule, leaning that way — once Marty, who was a little bit skeptical, went over that way, then we went into recruiting mode.”

Edited by kass
added the text from my older post
  • Pie 2

I believe the remaining bit of players he found that are still here are the higher round successful picks so yep, his stains are pretty much gone.  And there's no drafts ahead that he really impacted, all just distant domino effects at this point.

Feels nice.  This is more of a refreshing reset forthcoming than I felt at Rivera's end.  Can't quite explain why though

3 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Joe Brady was a scapegoat for Rhule.

We actually scored and had an offense when he was here.  He deserved a lot better.

Not really.   The offense was terrible before he left, and terrible after he left.  The Eagles, Giants, and Patriots games from last year were some of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen.