• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

With Rhule having final say on all personnel decisions, I think it’s fair to say Fitt was in a tough spot when it came to trading assets for players Rhule wanted e.g. Darnold, Mayfield and CJ Henderson. It’s been suggested that Carlos Dunlap wanted to come here if not for Rhule’s refusal to guarantee him a starting role.

This past offseason appeared to reveal a slight shift in the caliber of players we acquired. I would personally like to see how Fitt and the rest of the FO will function without Rhule’s influence.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

With Rhule having final say on all personnel decisions, I think it’s fair to say Fitt was in a tough spot when it came to trading assets for players Rhule wanted e.g. Darnold, Mayfield and CJ Henderson. It’s been suggested that Carlos Dunlap wanted to come here if not for Rhule’s refusal to guarantee him a starting role.

This past offseason appeared to reveal a slight shift in the caliber of players we acquired. I would personally like to see how Fitt and the rest of the FO will function without Rhule’s influence.

he was bidding against himself for darnold and mayfield

• Flames 7

29 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

With Rhule having final say on all personnel decisions, I think it’s fair to say Fitt was in a tough spot when it came to trading assets for players

A “spot” he was conscious of and accepted when he took his current position.

When you accept the known circumstances of the position and accept the big Tepper money that pays you in that position, you’re not allowed to avoid responsibility for the state of the franchise.

Honestly, I don’t get the Fit defenders logic. It’s like y’all think Tepper stole Fitt from an orphanage and forced him in the GM position without his approval.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You talk as if we gave up something significant.

We didn't.

With Fitterer in control now, and given his excellent pedigree in college scouting, I would think a choice of one of the top 200 players coming out of college would be something we'd like to have. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he was bidding against himself for Mayfield, I'd say he won.

We got him for peanuts and the Browns ate most of his salary.

I have no issue with the Baker trade even now. We gave up nothing for him.

the Trade for a Matt Corrall is looking kinda steep now but still not terrible overall. I do think we need to slow way down on trading anything 1-4, after round 4 I don’t care. 

• Beer 2