• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hendon Hooker

Mayor Qumiby

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

He's old as Darnold and has to learn a NFL system. I would love him in the mid first round but not top 5. There are better choices. 

I like him but I was thinking of a day 2 guy that could maybe win the job but definitely be a 5-6 year solid backup. Maybe not even for us since we need a vet and to give Corral another training camp and preseason. We're in murky waters and might have to keep some combination of 3 QB's again next year because we need the options and can't risk leaving one on practice squad to get poached

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I like him but I was thinking of a day 2 guy that could maybe win the job but definitely be a 5-6 year solid backup. Maybe not even for us since we need a vet and to give Corral another training camp and preseason. We're in murky waters and might have to keep some combination of 3 QB's again next year because we need the options and can't risk leaving one on practice squad to get poached

Getting QBs poached is the least of my concerns. Hell, I'd love to have the "problem" of three NFL roster caliber QBs.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hooker would be good for a team that's already got a pretty good team and needs a QB on a cheap deal to come in. He has all the tools you need but he won't have a long career because of his age. He will be 25 at the time of the draft and 28 before he's settled in as a NFL QB. Crazy to think Lamar Jackson is about to get paid his first mega deal and he's 25! 🤣

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Getting QBs poached is the least of my concerns. Hell, I'd love to have the "problem" of three NFL roster caliber QBs.

So we have PJ/Minshew whoever vet. Corral looks good in preseason, and we draft a guy. Unless they trade Corral to another team I can't see how you can cut one and hope they get to the practice squad and stay there. Minshew would be signed off a practice squad 12 months ago, PJ is starting to get there if he keeps up his current play

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So we have PJ/Minshew whoever vet. Corral looks good in preseason, and we draft a guy. Unless they trade Corral to another team I can't see how you can cut one and hope they get to the practice squad and stay there. Minshew would be signed off a practice squad 12 months ago, PJ is starting to get there if he keeps up his current play

Corral has a long way to go to convince me he's an NFL roster caliber QB. The guy looked atrocious. I wouldn't be making any decisions with this roster assuming Corral is a lock to be on it.