• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hendon Hooker

Mayor Qumiby

After his performance beating Alabama this week it'll be a name often brought up as our next QB.

I know , I know he's not from Alabama or Ohio, schools people want their qbs to come from( not too sure why, most have sucked in the NFL)..

But after Saturday yall will realize what us UT fans have known since last year, Hooker is the real deal.

I see a lot of people here gushing over Young and Stroud and they look good, not gonna lie but they are both playing behind the top 2 lines in college football. Hooker is leading the Vols behind the 32nd best O-line. So he's doing a lot more with alot less. 

Bring this dude home and let's go get him in 2023.

Edited by Mayor Qumiby
  • Beer 3

I've found him intriguing lately, although I will confess I have not seen him play a down.  His stock could rise quite a bit based on this next game, win or lose. 

The thing I have read about him that worries me is that he plays in a one-read offense.  For those who have seen Tennessee, is that true? 

If so, we already have one of those (who is our only QB signed for 2023).  That does not mean either Hooker or Corral can't be anything more than a one-read offense, just that they haven't had to for the last few years.

But, as I said, I do find Hooker intriguing.  Not first round intriguing, but interesting none the less.

34 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

After his performance beating Alabama this week it'll be a name often brought up as our next QB.

I know , I know he's not from Alabama or Ohio, schools people want their qbs to come from( not too sure why, most have sucked in the NFL)..

But after Saturday yall will realize what us UT fans have known since last year, Hooker is the real deal.

I see a lot of people here gushing over Young and Stroud and they look good, not gonna lie but they are both playing behind the top 2 lines in college football. Hooker is leading the Vols behind the 32nd best O-line. So he's doing a lot more with alot less. 

Bring this dude home and let's go get him in 2023.

I really like this guys game.  He was under the radar good last year, and hes kicked it into a higher gear this year.  Hes a true dual threat guy, and I am really impressed by his passing this year.  Assuming he continues to have a good season, I would be very interested in bringing him here. 

Just now, Jaxel said:

Assuming he is a first or second round guy, there are other intriguing guys with higher sealing as well. Cam Ward and Anthony Richardson come to mind. I also think Tanner McKee is someone to watch.

After watching Anthony Richardson this past weekend, I dont see how he would declare for the draft this year. It would be a huge mistake. He still has a ways to go.

• Pie 2