• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope is finally here.

ladypanther

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I agree with most of what you said.

In the end, though,  it was just as @CRA said.  Mcadoo's offense was ass his last two years in NY, so what we're seeing is a continuation of suckage.

I am afraid that is the most likely cause, even though I said it was probably 50/50.  Our biggest problem through five games has been on offense and that needle may well not move much do to the change. 

The way I could see it getting better in the stats is if our defense gets more aggressive up front, forcing more turnovers that result in gift opportunities.  But, offensive scoring rising because the defense is putting them in situations where they can take a knee three times and kick a field goal, well, that hardly qualifies as improvement on that side of the ball.

Part of what bothers me about McAdoo is we acquired a QB that does his best out of play action and rolling to one side of the field and limiting his reads to that side.  Yet, we have not run an offense that acts like those factors exist.  In fairness, the league is littered with OCs who run what they want to run, their own talent and the talent and tendencies of the opponent be damned.  It's just too bad he is another one of them.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I am afraid that is the most likely cause, even though I said it was probably 50/50.  Our biggest problem through five games has been on offense and that needle may well not move much do to the change. 

The way I could see it getting better in the stats is if our defense gets more aggressive up front, forcing more turnovers that result in gift opportunities.  But, offensive scoring rising because the defense is putting them in situations where they can take a knee three times and kick a field goal, well, that hardly qualifies as improvement on that side of the ball.

Part of what bothers me about McAdoo is we acquired a QB that does his best out of play action and rolling to one side of the field and limiting his reads to that side.  Yet, we have not run an offense that acts like those factors exist.  In fairness, the league is littered with OCs who run what they want to run, their own talent and the talent and tendencies of the opponent be damned.  It's just too bad he is another one of them.

If PJ just throws more accurately than Baker, the O is going to look better.  Baker has been horrid.    At the point CMC can't catch it, its a real bad throw.  Wilks himself said the problem was execution.  His problem was with the D philosophy.  He has said nothing about the O philosophy. 

If it was me, I'd put CMC in the slot, Foreman in the backfield and make them respect both.    It will preserve CMC, upgrade the receiving core, and require little change to the rest of the O.  Foreman can catch so we still have a good checkdown.  The more talent we have the field, the easier to find the mismatch.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

CMC can't run the ball every down.

Baker was so bad, he threw balls even CMC couldn't catch.

If PJ just doesn't play Baker-bad, the O is going to look better.

we haven't been attempting to run CMC every down.   So it's not like we tired and failed at it. 

and the manner in which McAdoo has used CMC in the passing game is too basic and doesn't really take advantage of the mismatches he creates instantly off the ball if you kick him out into the slot (which McAdoo doesn't do) . 

33 minutes ago, Coreyl90 said:

PJ Walker has no business being on an NFL roster. His Temple buddy Rhule is the ONLY reason he is on the team. 

Yeah, because who wants to win.  That’s not how the Panthers conduct themselves. 

2-0

image.gif.baa6aeae67c77e5f784b1d6b057be530.gif

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

Posting that you're tired of the Rhule-bitching is not defending Rhule.

He was not good and he got fired. He's walking away with a cool 63 million dollars and he doesn't even have to be here anymore. His family and kids now have generational wealth. He'll be okay he doesn't need a pity party here.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Yeah, because who wants to win.  That’s not how the Panthers conduct themselves. 

2-0

image.gif.baa6aeae67c77e5f784b1d6b057be530.gif

One was a shutout by the defense against the Lions in which PJ threw 2 picks. The other was against the Cardinals in which Cam came in and scored 2 tds. Pj went for like 160 and an INT. As bad as Baker has been, which is arguably the worst he's ever been, he is still right on pace with Pj. Miss me with this Pj Walker bs. There is a reason no other team in the league even wanted him on their practice squad

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

I agree with that Saints game at the end of 2018.  RR played to win the game, keeping in most of the starters (except Cam).   We dominated the whole game.

Tanking the last game of the season, fine. 
Tanking the last 12 games of the season...I'll pass.

We'll probably end up tanking anyhow,  its what Tepper is trying to do. 

But it really all comes down to PJ in the end.  If PJ plays smarter than he has ever played, we could upset some teams.

You always play your best players. But after we trade away 2-3 of our best players it becomes more of a productive struggle than an outright tank 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

He was not good and he got fired. He's walking away with a cool 63 million dollars and he doesn't even have to be here anymore. His family and kids now have generational wealth. He'll be okay he doesn't need a pity party here.

Poor Frank desperately looking for a pity party for Matt Rhule.  Don't worry there still be plenty bad stuff for you write negative posts about, I promise.

Really, it'll be ok Frank.  At the very least you can  post over and over about bad Rhule WAS.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Poor Frank desperately looking for a pity party for Matt Rhule.  Don't worry there still be plenty bad stuff for you write negative posts about, I promise.

Really, it'll be ok Frank.  At the very least you can  post over and over about bad Rhule WAS.

Maybe if you write him and beg he'll throw you a few stacks for being a loyal internet sycophant and dedicating your life to defending him for the last year+