• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

I think you go Levis tbh if we have the top pick and I understand the worries about all 3. Young is too small. He’s like a point guard playing qb. A 180 lbs qb is fuging scary. The problems drafting stroud out of osu and their scheme are known. Levis is this drafts Josh Allen. Huge arm, big frame and can run. Take him with the first and put the best oline possible, weapons and offensive coaching around him and hope it works. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Panthers get the 1st pick and all good college QBs are staying put. 

Meh I doubt it, too many variables. Ok if they don’t want to play for the panthers, what team do they want to play for exactly?’ And how do they know said team will be picking no 1?! 

And are they really willing to gamble staying in school another year and risking injury or drop off in performance hence hurting their stock when they can make multi millions guaranteed by declaring now and going no 1?! 

To my knowledge it’s only happened one time when Eli refused to play for the chargers and requested a trade.

Edited by panthersgreenville

9 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

It’s definitely gettin interesting over there he’s not been good late in games this season and wants to get paid paid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on because he’s been bad throwing. Depends on the next HC.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I think you go Levis tbh if we have the top pick and I understand the worries about all 3. Young is too small. He’s like a point guard playing qb. A 180 lbs qb is fuging scary. The problems drafting stroud out of osu and their scheme are known. Levis is this drafts Josh Allen. Huge arm, big frame and can run. Take him with the first and put the best oline possible, weapons and offensive coaching around him and hope it works. 

I think he’s the best raw talent too and honestly that’s terrifying. 

Incredibly overrated class because everyone hated last years class.

• Pie 1

Young.

Stroud has the size advantage.  But I haven’t seen Stroud take the hits.  Haven’t seen him take command, read the defense, change it up and command the offense. 
If Young had the Weapons Stroud has been throwing to.   It wouldn’t be fair.  Stroud has been throwing to one of arguably the best WR core in CFB history.  Good player though.

Just he isn’t reading the defense’s the same way, avoiding pressure the same way, standing in and setting his feet throwing dots while being hit the same way.

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

Meh I doubt it, too many variables. Ok if they don’t want to play for the panthers, what team do they want to play for exactly?’ And how do they know said team will be picking no 1?! 

And are they really willing to gamble staying in school another year and risking injury or drop off in performance hence hurting their stock when they can make multi millions guaranteed by declaring now and going no 1?! 

To my knowledge it’s only happened one time when Eli refused to play for the chargers and requested a trade.

So there are other well-known instances of word getting out that a prospect will not play for team x if they are drafted. It has involved other positions than just QB, and to be fair, other sports as well.

I think the talk is a little more prevalent among Panthers fans since that is a belief of what transpired with Andrew Luck and him staying in school.

A QB like Josh Allen or Cam Newton are generally not hurt by guys except the linemen.  Young will be smaller than most CB's and can get hurt by anyone.  He is wildly entertaining at the college level, but no way I would take him in the 1st round, much less the first pick

• Pie 2