• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who is better, Stroud or Young?

Randolph Panther

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

I have to ask, what is the fascination with these two Qbs?  Shoot, Qbs coming from Ohio State should be entirely out of the question at this point.  As for the Alabama QB, meh meh.  The names should be Levis, Hooker, and in a trade back scenario, Anthony Richardson.  Really at number one overall, Levis is the only guy I would personally consider.  Yet again I can't stress this enough, any name coming out of OSU, that should almost be anathema at this point!!!

Levis? What Kentucky QBs have made it? Couch, Lorenzo? Cobb had to covert to WR.
Just showing how silly the college argument is. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Levis? What Kentucky QBs have made it? Couch, Lorenzo? Cobb had to covert to WR.
Just showing how silly the college argument is. 

Kentucky is not really known for high QB picks.  They aren't really known for much of anything concerning football.  They are more of a basketball school.  It's actually a good sign for Levis to get attention playing for this school.

• Pie 1

Just now, Matthias said:

Kentucky is not really known for high QB picks.  They aren't really known for much of anything concerning football.  They are more of a basketball school.  It's actually a good sign for Levis to get attention playing for this school.

Ohio State hasn’t really been known for high QB picks until 2019 with Haskins. And Day told Haskins directly, along with all 31 NFL teams that spoke with him, that he was too immature and needed another year in college.

FWIW, my OSU sources have raved about Stroud for a while now. Fields is more gifted in terms of athleticism and arm talent, but Stroud’s accuracy and anticipation are 1.1 quality. He’s the reason Chris Olave and Jeremy Ruckert didn’t enter the NFL draft after 2020.

I think Bryce is really good too though.

Frankly, I’m of the opinion to take whichever QB the GM/HC/OC believe in the most and build around them, whoever that is. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Samppson said:

Yeah let’s pair that franchise DE with Burns, we can then lose games 20-10 instead of 24-10.

I liked Corral as well, but there’s a reason he was available where he was. He’s not a comparable prospect to any Stroud/Young. If we are are #1, we will absolutely be taking a QB, Corral will be the last thing on the front offices mind. He can still come in and compete, but there’s not a chance he changes their plans.

I Dont Think So Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

Don't speak too soon. The "reason" wasn't football, his arm, his accuracy, his leadership, that all had him invited to the draft green room like all the other top NFL recruits.

He made himself a winner long before he got in ripps radar. He's going to have on year of NFL conditioning and strengthening by the time these new rookies come out.

Where he was picked doesn't change his pedigree. You doubt Golden Corral, I get it.

lion king simba GIF

Don't be surprised if Corral gets a veteran backup and we pick Will Anderson or Myles Murphy.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Tim Couch was the top pick and busted. 

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I Dont Think So Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

Don't speak too soon. The "reason" wasn't football, his arm, his accuracy, his leadership, that all had him invited to the draft green room like all the other top NFL recruits.

He made himself a winner long before he got in ripps radar. He's going to have on year of NFL conditioning and strengthening by the time these new rookies come out.

Where he was picked doesn't change his pedigree. You doubt Golden Corral, I get it.

lion king simba GIF

Don't be surprised if Corral gets a veteran backup and we pick Will Anderson or Myles Murphy.

Look, I love Corral as a prospect but we don't exactly have the ability to gamble on just one QB when we can just have a top pick and Corral as our QB room.

2 hours ago, stirs said:

A QB like Josh Allen or Cam Newton are generally not hurt by guys except the linemen.  Young will be smaller than most CB's and can get hurt by anyone.  He is wildly entertaining at the college level, but no way I would take him in the 1st round, much less the first pick

I don’t think this is true anymore. 10 years ago yeah, but the league has changed enough you just take the best guy. Worked out for Arizona