• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I learned yesterday

Zod

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Their offense was banged up way worse and they made plays when they had to.  Part of being a good defense is having players available, ours werent and the ones that played didnt do so hot.  I will probably rewatch at some point this week but my initial thoughts on Jackson and Moore is they are playing lackadaisical.  Not a good sign

Our secondary is horrible without Horn and Chinn available. Everyone else could be replaced with any other random bunch of jags

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're waiting for me to see wisdom or intelligence in what you post, you're absolutely right. I'm never gonna see that 😐

I like how someone got warned/banned for calling Mr. Scot an idiot, but if Mr. Scot does the same thing but in his usual carefully couched condescension (which happens virtually daily), then it's acceptable.  If the rule is simply not to attack/insult people, then there should be zero difference in a post like this vs. explicitly calling someone an idiot.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Smart coaching helps...a lot.

But I'm not sure even Sean Payton could accomplish much with PJ Walker as his QB.

I feel like they game-planned to avoid exposing PJ, rather than trying to do the things he can do well (for him not better players).

Coaching to avoid a car crash but not try and win.

I would say smarter coaching would have tried to look at what PJ can do, potentially what makes him different to Baker or Darnold, and lean on that. 

Instead he had like 1 air yard or something on completed passes.

Its not like PJ is new, he’s been here a while and some coaches would have known him pretty well. If he can’t be trusted to throw he shouldn’t have started, our QB5 should have been.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Barney said:

I should have stuck with my plan not to watch the game.  

Why???............I haven't laughed so hard and enjoyed watching a train wreck like this in sports since........

uh................hmmm..........

oh hell the last time the Panther were 1-15 in 2001............

As it was it was two of the best teams in recent times in the NFL were in a barnburner unpredictable game in KC at the same time and they couldn't keep me from switching over to watch the train wreck in LA.

Bad times are good times when there is nothing you can do............especially when Rhule left all his poopy diapers in the clubhouse.......  

3 hours ago, Urrymonster2 said:

The original subject matter was you need an NFL level QB to win in the NFL.

Prior to this season none of those players have ever “won”, including Geno Smith I mentioned in the prior post. Almost all of them were QB2/3 at some point and almost all we had a chance to sign.

Would you have expected Geno to be leading or be in the top tier of a lot of passing markers at this point with 3 wins under his belt?

I would not have. I also had to look up who Cooper Rush was. Mariotta and Jones are solid, back-up caliber QB's. They're all taking advantage of their current situation and winning games. Meanwhile... we grabbed up Darnold and Mayfield who have completely stunk up the field. I admit that even though I was dead against Darnold, I felt Mayfield was a victim of circumstance becuse he played for the frikkin Browns. Boy was I wrong.

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Our secondary is horrible without Horn and Chinn available. Everyone else could be replaced with any other random bunch of jags

Count Jackson in that group of needed players. He kept Stafford to only half the field in the 1st half and he paid when he didn't.

Then came the 2nd half. Henderson out, Jackson out. Hartsfield, Hayes, Franklin, Woods. None held up, Stafford ate them alive. Wilks knew we couldn't blitz because the DBs wouldn't hold up. Disaster all around.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Count Jackson in that group of needed players. He kept Stafford to only half the field in the 1st half and he paid when he didn't.

Then came the 2nd half. Henderson out, Jackson out. Hartsfield, Hayes, Franklin, Woods. None held up, Stafford ate them alive. Wilks knew we couldn't blitz because the DBs wouldn't hold up. Disaster all around.

I forgot about all the injuries. I only watched the replay and I turned it off after Jackson gave up that TD to Allen Robinson who's been basically invisible all year

• Beer 1