• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

One name to keep a name a name on that no one is talking about is Giants OC, Mike Kafka. I remember seeing an article that states that he could be in play for the HC position here. 

I wouldn't be mad about it due to the fact that he is a former QB himself and is an Andy Reid disciple and helped a lot with the development with Mahomes and now seems to be on track with turning around Jones' career. 

• Pie 1

Just now, methodtoll said:

One name to keep a name a name on that no one is talking about is Giants OC, Mike Kafka. I remember seeing an article that states that he could be in play for the HC position here. 

I wouldn't be mad about it due to the fact that he is a former QB himself and is an Andy Reid disciple and helped a lot with the development with Mahomes and now seems to be on track with turning around Jones' career. 

Reid disciples are kinda hot or miss...

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Moore has only been coaching since 2018.

Dorsey has been coaching since 2013, and was a scout starting in 2011-12.

Who's Jacobson? 🤔

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Johnson's been coaching since 2009, at the pro level since 2012.

His first three years were spent as an assistant at Boston College while some guy named Kuechly was playing there.

I agree that both Johnson and Dorsey have more overall coaching experience but Moore has more OC experience.  

Whats a better predictor for success?  More overall coaching experience or more years being a coordinator and being ultimately responsible? 

I’m not saying one is right or wrong but there is an argument both ways.

1 hour ago, davos said:

Shane Steichen come on downnnnn

After watching the game last night, I am 100% onboard with this.  

When Lane Johnson went out and Dallas took advantage of it in the 3rd Qtr.  By the 4th quarter Steichen changed their approach and put the game away.  I loved watching that.  I wanted Dallas (please god don't strike me dead) to win just because I don't want any undefeated teams during the 50th anniversary of the 72 Dolphins. 

Steichen really showed me he can run an offense.  The game plan to neutralize Parson was genius.

Sign me up. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree that both Johnson and Dorsey have more overall coaching experience but Moore has more OC experience.  

Whats a better predictor for success?  More overall coaching experience or more years being a coordinator and being ultimately responsible? 

I’m not saying one is right or wrong but there is an argument both ways.

Moore did not impress me at all last night.  He had no answers for Philly for most of the night.  

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

McVay himself? Yeah.

The "next" McVays are still waiting.

Considering that Zac Taylor was the first of the "McVays" to get signed in 2019 and he got the Bengals to the Super Bowl last year, I'd say they're paying off.

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

Considering that Zac Taylor was the first of the "McVays" to get signed in 2019 and he got the Bengals to the Super Bowl last year, I'd say they're paying off.

Don't know if I'd go that far.

Most of the "next McVays" have been directly connected to McVay in some form, but that tree is picked pretty clean.

I'm not familiar enough with the names, but here's a couple of qualities I think we need to look at in the next coach:

1. QB development - I want a coach who has experience molding young QBs in to + starters.

2. Offensive Acumen - That goes without saying, we need a coach who brings an Xs and Os advantage to our team.

3. Adaptability - I'd love to find a coach who is much more open to being offensively flexible with their system and who is able to make adjustments at half time.  That seems to be a really big ask.

There's still a lot of season to go, so we'll see what happens the rest of the way to a lot of these current names.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, jackson113 said:

If you hire a defensive coach with a bright OC. The OC gets snatched. Sign a offensive coach to prevent this...

The majority of NFL teams have hired bright sexy offensive minds as HC ( bengals, dolphins, Vikings, eagles) now more than ever an intelligent play designer can scheme players open and make their QB look good. 
Rams put WR Ben Skorownek at FB yesterday for a big play 

• Pie 1