• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Titans are getting a new stadium.... Your move Charlotte / NC

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

I doubt this team is moved.  It is a pretty decent market and it sells out every game.  It wouldn't make sense to move a team that still sells out even when terrible.

What you said makes sense to most of us, however you are not taking into consideration how a billionaire who wants free poo thinks. 

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not saying a move would ever happen but San Antonio does have the Alamo Dome readily available for a quick move while a new stadium is being built.

I don’t think the odds are great that a move would occur because I doubt the MLS would let Tepper move after the attendance success that Charlotte FC just had…

But if Tepper wouldn’t have bought an MLS team, I could have easily seen a move to Orlando, San Antonio, or Portland, all areas that are roughly the same size as Charlotte.

It's pretty doubtful it will be the Panthers, but I agree that San Antonio could be a place an NFL franchise moves to, but my prediction has always been that team build a stadium in San Marcos or New Braunfels to get both the Austin and San Antonio markets. Plus a lot more space to work with. 

Given the success of Austin FC I think an NFL franchise might have more success in Austin. SA is struggling to support the Spurs right now (they were 27 out of 30 teams in attendance last season) and they're already starting to play a few regular season games at the new state of the art Moody Center in Austin. I know it's just billed as "community outreach" or whatever but, Austin already has an arena that could support pro basketball although they'd have to fight with the university for scheduling.

end rant

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

they had no problem moving the Chargers and Rams even when the Chargers weren't even welcomed in LA. When it comes to money/stadiums these owners will always side on more money / bigger stadiums

That's because the NFL was obsessed with getting two teams back in the LA market.  They are not that obsessed with anywhere else right now, other than maybe London and Europe but given the economic conditions, that has probably cooled quite a bit.

Also remember when we talk about San Anotonio, one Jerrah Jones will scream and jump up and down to keep a team out of what he sees as "his market," rightly or wrongly.  Oklahoma City may face that same challenge.

It is not likely the NFL wants to abandon the Carolinas, since there is a migration pattern in that direction. 

Just because they let two teams move into a market that they wanted two teams to move into is not proof that they want anybody else moving anywhere.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Have to keep in mind that Tepper shot himself in the dick by adding an MLS team. If he moves one, he’s going to have to move the other.

Austin already has an MLS team and I can damn near guarantee you that the MLS would nix a move to OKC.

If there ever was to be a move, San Antonio is probably the only option.

Edit - Sorry, quoted the wrong person, meant to quote @TheBigKat

Not mention Houston is 3 hrs away and Dallas is 6. Austin would never happen.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

It's pretty doubtful it will be the Panthers, but I agree that San Antonio could be a place an NFL franchise moves to, but my prediction has always been that team build a stadium in San Marcos or New Braunfels to get both the Austin and San Antonio markets. Plus a lot more space to work with. 

Given the success of Austin FC I think an NFL franchise might have more success in Austin. SA is struggling to support the Spurs right now (they were 27 out of 30 teams in attendance last season) and they're already starting to play a few regular season games at the new state of the art Moody Center in Austin. I know it's just billed as "community outreach" or whatever but, Austin already has an arena that could support pro basketball although they'd have to fight with the university for scheduling.

end rant

I think Austin would do well but obviously there would be an issue with them already having a soccer team. But I agree, Austin has a really nice fanbase for their soccer team. The USMNT even started playing some games there.

21 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Small market syndrome showing up. We aren’t moving 

You can't convince the Huddle "experts" on this. Most major urban areas St.Louis/San Antonio are hurting for public money (yes even more than Charlotte and the Carolinas). But in their minds the money will "magically" appear if the team moves.  (Postscript: If you think this is, as far as relocation comments bad, back during the 1-15 season a good chunk of the posters here already had the Richardson  moving the team to Los Angeles). We are a bad team right now. One that (sorry relocation prophets) we're stuck with.

Edited by 3838

6 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Not mention Houston is 3 hrs away and Dallas is 6. Austin would never happen.

100%, when Tepper added Charlotte FC to his portfolio he essentially eliminated any chance to move the teams. I just don’t see how he could move the Panthers without taking Charlotte FC with him. The MLS already despises their teams playing in NFL stadiums so I don’t think he’d be able to keep Charlotte FC at BofA.

There just aren’t any cities left that need both an NFL and and MLS franchise.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2