• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And that’s an acceptable top of the resume for the guy who is making the decisions that will decide the next 5 years of the franchise? Good luck with that. 

Those other GMs weren’t going to sign on to be a.yes man to Rhule. Fitterer did Now he should be rewarded for it? 

I do not think Finnesererer is the cause for losing. Hes done a good work of doing what the boss wanted. Boss wants high RAS players, he got them. Boss wanted QBs with 1st round traits, he got them. etc etc. 

Now hes survived a bunch of coaches that had no business in the NFL. Now he maybe the boss, but I believe it will be a joint 50/50 with tepper having veto power. No one coach/GM should have full power unless its the goat Bill Bilacheat..... Hell thats another one, bill is awful at the draft and coaches up those 4th string DB form rutgers into wins.....Bill would trade Bill the GM for Scott the GM.

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper has already said he wants an offensive minded young coach. There is no way Fitt gets to pick one without Tepper’s input.

Is true then Tepper will continue his trend of thinking he’s a path maker and doing things the ass backwards way then unable to relate said decisions to future results. Tepper really is a horrible owner.

Like who looks at all the outcomes of the decisions he’s made so far and thinks *yea I still need to be involved in the process* lol

If you don’t have confidence in Fit to do a GM duty and find the next HC why even have him as GM? Because he’s a yes man.

And THAT’S why keeping Fit is a stupid idea.

• Pie 3

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Eh....you should be. He is far from a proven entity. But, now we will get to see him in a traditional role. All the blame and credit for future moves will be his(like the Robby trade).

Pretty much.

I have a positive opinion of him, but it's fair to point out that we don't really know yet how good he'll be. And given where we are on the calendar, it's gonna be hard to judge much of anything till the offseason.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I do not think Finnesererer is the cause for losing. Hes done a good work of doing what the boss wanted. Boss wants high RAS players, he got them. Boss wanted QBs with 1st round traits, he got them. etc etc. 

Now hes survived a bunch of coaches that had no business in the NFL. Now he maybe the boss, but I believe it will be a joint 50/50 with tepper having veto power. No one coach/GM should have full power unless its the goat Bill Bilacheat..... Hell thats another one, bill is awful at the draft and coaches up those 4th string DB form rutgers into wins.....Bill would trade Bill the GM for Scott the GM.

The team is 15M over NEXT years cap and is the worst team in the NFL. And he had nothing to do with any of it? There is no way he has no accountability for the contracts and cap mess. Why keep something around who helped put the team in this position to begin with. Hurney ring a bell?

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

The team is 15M over NEXT years cap and is the worst team in the NFL. And he had nothing to do with any of it? There is no way he has no accountability for the contracts and cap mess. Why keep something around who helped put the team in this position to begin with. Hurney ring a bell?

Part of the reason we are in cap hell sits right with the man responsible for hiring Rhule. In order to trade for Watson, we had to make the cap space available. All that restructuring and BS associated with it was the responsibility of one David Tepper. And if we fire Fitts, Tepper will be in charge of finding the guys to consult, then hire the GM and the HC. Fitts has been average, but Tepper has poo the bed, all over the walls, and the floors. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

I have a positive opinion of him, but it's fair to point out that we don't really know yet how good he'll be. And given where we are on the calendar, it's gonna be hard to judge much of anything till the offseason.

Well any and all "firesale" moves are his. He takes credit/blame from last week onward.

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Still no matter what, tepper needs to put a top secret move and hire a 008-like firm to find a GM. Gets the results and make up your mind to keep Finssererer or hired one of the ones you want. 

I do not think this can be done without Finssererer finding out tho, thats a issue. 

That Rhule stink is OP my friend....

If a consultant was brought in it would be upfront and you know everyone would be evaluated. No need to keep it a secret. It's bad and Tepper needs the help regardless of Friterer's job decision. I would be more behind a consultant backing Friterer and helping him do this thing if he passed the evaluation, he would have a good chance. Fritterer didn't come up around the kind of role he would be asked to do moving forward. He was hired to be a GM under a coach just like in Seatle.

I think Fritterer is profrssional enough not to go all RA lol. Do it sooner than later. No need to wait until the offseason.

• Pie 1