• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

yeah he's taking advantage of teams in bad situations (titans and saints) or making stupid decisions (giants), though its hard to fault where the giants currently are but that original bradberry contract was woof

belichick made a career of fleecing al davis

and i know it's not a popular opinion here, but i love the strategy of trading for young players that are underperforming. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yeah he's taking advantage of teams in bad situations (titans and saints) or making stupid decisions (giants), though its hard to fault where the giants currently are but that original bradberry contract was woof

belichick made a career of fleecing al davis

and i know it's not a popular opinion here, but i love the strategy of trading for young players that are underperforming. 

We literally did that nothing but that it didn’t work. Sam. Baker. CJ. BUST BUST BUST. 

Phillys brass traded for guys that’s were studs. Major difference. 

9 hours ago, Toomers said:

If the team is drafting 1st, something is wrong. And there is very little cap “relief”. Even after restructuring and putting themselves in the same position again. 

Yes something is clearing wrong.  We have the worst staff in the league and our QB situation is terrible to go along with it.  The Jags were the worst team last year WITH a decent young QB because their coach was that bad.  Just a new coach has them competitive again.  Yeah they are 2-4 but they are playing teams much closer.  Give us a competent QB AND HC and we should see a decent improvement in that alone.  Again we won't be top of the league, but at least competitive again.

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We literally did that nothing but that it didn’t work. Sam. Baker. CJ. BUST BUST BUST. 

Phillys brass traded for guys that’s were studs. Major difference. 

We traded for Gilmore as well.

Sometimes things just work out. 

And making big moves for FA/trades out of nowhere has been Philly's MO for a while. Like yeah these moves looks good but lets not forget when Roseman did the same thing for Asomugha and it was a disaster because he was actually totally washed and no one realized it because he'd been on the raiders and teams were just throwing anywhere else for five years. 

Roseman is great, don't get me wrong, but that sword cuts both ways. 

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

That was me who was pushing for Parsons. I was told he was lazy, took plays off, and would be a bust in the NFL.

there were a ton of red flags about parsons, and he went into a perfect situation. Dallas is just letting him rush the qb and not worry about anything else. they've got a very good DC for him.

I think Horn is the real deal, and it sucks because he got hurt his rookie year and it's just not as visible a position. I do not think Parsons would have anywhere near the success in carolina he would has had in dallas, and i don't think they would have been able to handle his personality here. Dallas historically doesn't have a problem with that. That's more a criticism of rhule though. 

I don't think dallas is going to keep this coaching staff around much longer so it'll be interesting to see how he keeps going. 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yes something is clearing wrong.  We have the worst staff in the league and our QB situation is terrible to go along with it.  The Jags were the worst team last year WITH a decent young QB because their coach was that bad.  Just a new coach has them competitive again.  Yeah they are 2-4 but they are playing teams much closer.  Give us a competent QB AND HC and we should see a decent improvement in that alone.  Again we won't be top of the league, but at least competitive again.

And the Jags had a QB already. They got to take another need with Walker. Plus, unlike the Panthers, they had plenty of cap space to sign Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams, Olukan. What caliber of players will the Panthers be signing with their very limited cap space?