• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fire Sale" not happening

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Depends on who you believe.  A first and say a 5th probably gets cmac traded.   No team in their right mind is trading 2 firsts

I think its somewhere between this what robinson is saying and what Jones is saying.   Which is probably, they are asking a lot but would take a first in the end"

the biggest message there is that they see CMC as an aid to a young QB. We know the direction the team is going the rest of the year now.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Depends on who you believe.  A first and say a 5th probably gets cmac traded.   No team in their right mind is trading 2 firsts

I think its somewhere between this what robinson is saying and what Jones is saying.   Which is probably, they are asking a lot but would take a first in the end"

If CMC were on the blocks and I were Fitterer I would be playing up "several teams have inquired about CMC".  This is the best way to increase his value.

That said, I think we are listening but don't have any real plans on trading any of our stars.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

the biggest message there is that they see CMC as an aid to a young QB. We know the direction the team is going the rest of the year now.

No matter what the pick is they are drafting a qb in the first come hell or high water.  Would be nice to have their pick of all of them but they are getting someone.  I thought up until yesterday we would be in the pick 5 range but after hearing Wilks say that Eason may be starting, Darnold not ready and baker not the starter even if healthy seems to me shenanigans are afoot and I like it

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If CMC were on the blocks and I were Fitterer I would be playing up "several teams have inquired about CMC".  This is the best way to increase his value.

That said, I think we are listening but don't have any real plans on trading any of our stars.

To trade cmc the strategy is easy.  Call the chiefs.  "Ive got an offer from the bills, send me your best and final"  I would call the Bills "Ive got an offer from the chiefs, send me your best and final" 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

I don't see the point in trading CMC unless someone offers a good deal. I.E. 1st round pick. CMC can be a great safety valve for the rookie QB we draft next year. There's also an out on his contract after 2023 where we can save 8m and 12m in 2024/2025 since his contract is non-guaranteed 2023-2025.

Edited by Vox