• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fire Sale" not happening

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

The production isn't there this year? I mean he's on pace for 1,900 total yards playing in one of the worst offenses we've seen in years.

Oh god we're back on the all purpose yards stuff again? We have the weirdest copes in this fanbase.

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Well considering he's only 26 years old and barely has any wear on him for the past two years, yeah I think he will be productive when we're back in the playoffs. As teams like the Giants and Dolphins are showing, all you need is the right combination of coaching staff and decent QB play to be one year away from playoff contention.  

Yeah if there's ever a team to point to as an example, it's the Giants. We've been basically the Giants until this year. Solid defense, frequently injured RB, inept coaching, lack of a franchise qb. Now they're competing week in and week out and tied for the 2nd best record in the NFL. Saquon Barkley leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage. As good as Daboll has been, they wouldn't be 5-1 trading Saquon for a fraction of his value the way half of the Huddle is clamoring with McCaffrey 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

You say he's done better catching the ball because he's "used more that way" but conveniently leave out that "of the dozen guys with more production running" 8 of those 12 have more carries than he does. Feels like you're cherry picking stats to support your point. You didn't care to respond to the earlier post showing he's 4th in total scrimmage yards so far this year either.

CMC is fourth in total touches in the league. Pointing out that he's been used as a receiver more than most other RBs is fair while not explicitly pointing out that other RBs have more rushing attempts. I thought it was common sense to know that guys with more rushing yardage probably had more attempts too. Only Austin Ekeler has more receptions amongst RBs. Ekeler also has more rushing yards with less attempts too.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Do not agree with this at all.  (I can't believe I am saying this) We have a good offensive line, CMC and some decent WRs.  We have a top 10 defense, if they weren't on the field so much. 

You bring in a good HC with an innovated offense, a QB that at minimum, can manage the offense.  A defensive coordinator that can utilize the good players we have.  It's not impossible to turn this around in one off-season.   

A prime example is the NY Giants. Brian Daboll has this team playing great football.  They are fighting to the end and are winning.  Last year they were as bad as we were.  This year they are in the position to get a wildcard and depending on how the remainder of the season goes.  They could win their division. 

Who is the last rookie qb from the top 10 to take his team to the playoffs?   Luck?   Sorry man we are easily 2 years away at best. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Who is the last rookie qb from the top 10 to take his team to the playoffs?   Luck?   Sorry man we are easily 2 years away at best. 

I never said it would be a rookie QB.  Because you draft a rookie QB doesn't mean he'll start from day one. There will be several QBs that could come on a 1-year deal to make a run at it.  

The best thing about the NFL is each new season someone has turned things around.  

Pessimistically, 2 or more years.  Optimistically next year.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

CMC is fourth in total touches in the league. Pointing out that he's been used as a receiver more than most other RBs is fair while not explicitly pointing out that other RBs have more rushing attempts. I thought it was common sense to know that guys with more rushing yardage probably had more attempts too. Only Austin Ekeler has more receptions amongst RBs. Ekeler also has more rushing yards with less attempts too.

Isn't it common sense then that CMC would have more receptions if he has more receiving yardage? Why'd you then say he only has more receiving yardage because he's used as a receiver more as a knock but didn't mention him having less rushing yards because of less rushing attempts? I guess I'm just confused as to why you think one point is a knock against CMC while the other is...also a knock against CMC?  

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

CMC is fourth in total touches in the league.

Meanwhile our locker room is going to poo and we've got one disgruntled WR gone and another in DJ Moore we have to find some way to placate. But yay the CMC stans get to rub one out thinking about how many total yards he's gonna get in garbage time in yet another wasted season.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I never said it would be a rookie QB.  Because you draft a rookie QB doesn't mean he'll start from day one. There will be several QBs that could come on a 1-year deal to make a run at it.  

The best thing about the NFL is each new season someone has turned things around.  

Pessimistically, 2 or more years.  Optimistically next year.

And then there is being realistic 

40 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No team in their right mind would give a single first for CMC. The production isn't there this year because of the offensive woes and wasn't there the last couple years because of season ending injures.

Hes 4th in the league in scrimmage yards this season behind Saquan, Chubb and Hill. 

Hes been the focal point all season long and still teams can't contain him. We threw what 3 passes past the LOS last week and he still couldn't be brought down for a loss. 

The production is most definitely there this season. 

Injury concerns are real but no more than any other player in the league. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Does having more receptions mean he's being "used as a receiver more"? I'd say you have a point if McCaffrey was being lined up as a wide receiver several times per game, but that's not true. He's catching passes out of the backfield the vast majority of the time and using his shiftiness to get a chunk of yardage. Maybe the last game where we neutered PJ there was more of an effort to get the ball in his hands but for the most part this year, it feels like McCaffrey is getting his receiving yardage in spite of McAdoo mostly ignoring his abilities as a receiver. Hell he has sat back as an extra blocker more times than not particularly in the first 3-4 games. And again, our offense is laughably bad. Think about how many yards he would have with Mahomes throwing him passes. You're making too much of an effort to downplay McCaffrey's ability.

• Beer 1

I find it hilarious that people don't understand the two 1sts for CMC is clearly a sign that he's not really on the block but if someone wants to give us an offer we can't refuse then we won't refuse it. I mean this poo isn't hard and people really responding seriously with "durr no one will give that much". Yeah...fugin obviously lol

• Pie 2