• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Burns, brown, chinn (2nd round) Ikey, Horn    fuging studs and way more valuable then cmac

Chinn is not a stud. He's an average safety.

Burns I don't want to resign He's a soft pussy.

Brown is playing well but not quite ready to crown him.

Ikey could become a stud.

You guys don't seem to value known quantity  

It's like you'd borrow against a paid off house to invest in the market. 

Every single draft pick is an unknown quantity and a risk.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

CMC played wtih Cam, Olsen, DJ, and Jonathan Stewart. 

He had his rookie year with non-injured Cam, his rookie year with Stew at the very end of his career, 2 years of non-injured Olsen (2017 and 2019), and no years of DJ with Charger-level competent QB play. He's also had no years with an offensive mind like they've had in SD/LA though Turner was better than anyone under Rhule and Ekeler has still only ever put up 1550 total yards and 20 TDs at his best. CMC had 2400 and 19 in 2019.

I'm not taking anything away from Ekeler but at absolute best they're similar players, though Ekeler has always been surrounded by much better talent. Ekeler is not wholly better than CMC.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Hey I won 10 grand on a scratcher one time, and I hardly even play.  So, OK?  And with that way of looking at it, literally every single pick is analogous to a scratcher.  How many first rounders completely bust?  A pretty high percentage.  Its all a crap shoot. 

That's why you don't throw away a proven star for a bunch of low picks.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush

Some of us were saying since the trade talks started, that CMC wasn't worth a first, much less a first and more. The Panthers got the best they could get for him, so it's time to move on.

Some are saying Fitt's job is secure, but that might not be true. It makes sense for Tepper to use Fitt to make moves that benefit the team that the fans hate now and fire him after the last game is played. That way, Tepper can "show" fans that things will be different when he hires a new GM and coach with at least a full allotment of draft picks.

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Please explain what he was talking about then? And that has happened many times. 

As far as you’re other post about lurking. I was here before long before you. I was here for Cam. And never posted about him because people can’t control themselves. So I discuss the players and values. You just seem to be upset I exposed your all is well scenario preacher. 

But I’ll leave you two alone to live in Narnia. 

Cam is gone now.  Why are you still lurking?  Are you a converted fan or just a weird Steelers troll. I seem upset yet you are bringing up how another poster hurt your feelings 10 months ago??  Sounds like projecting feelings to me...

Anyway I'll enjoy Narnia and hoping for the best.  You keep enjoying lurking on struggling franchise's message boards and trying to correct posters.  To each his own.  

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Cam is gone now.  Why are you still lurking?  Are you a converted fan or just a weird Steelers troll. I seem upset yet you are bringing up how another poster hurt your feelings 10 months ago??  Sounds like projecting feelings to me...

Anyway I'll enjoy Narnia and hoping for the best.  You keep enjoying lurking on struggling franchise's message boards and trying to correct posters.  To each his own.  

And it’s never a problem when I’m defending a Panthers player or move. Just when I disagree with people who make up their own version of the truth.