• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

Panthering

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think they should send him packing at the tail end of the season.   I don’t think he deserves to stay here. 

Keeping him feels like keeping Rhule headed into this season. Pointless.  He has been too involved in this mess and somehow gets a pass from it all. 

I agree. If I was Tepp I would do a complete purge of anyone in the room who was nodding their heads when these stupid deals were being made. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It is if SF stays at pick 20. If they move up and do well in the playoffs then it’s more like pick 40.

Even if SF is at pick 20, the 20th pick in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds is worth the same draft point value as the 32nd overall pick.  And then you need that ONE team to want to trade back 21 picks to move up. 

On paper the value of those picks is worth a late first rounder, in actual execution and logic those picks (even cumulatively) aren't close to the value of a first round pick.  

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Fitty has to know at this point that getting a franchise QB with our first pick in the draft is a no brainer.  Whatever it takes to get that guy you do it.

He can build the rest of the roster quickly IMO

Who are the top corners available?  We could always take another shot at Russell Wilson in the 3rd or 4th round.😂

2 hours ago, Panthering said:

Who was incredibly the best QB we've had in the post-Cam Panthers era. 

Sad but true. Best QB option came from a non-Fitterer GM. Too bad they threw him out when he told everyone the problem and what was about to happen to the Panthers.

Teddy was right. I believed him. Then again I also saw the problems incoming with the Rhule hire. Tepper wanted Rhule. Marty did not. Rhule convinced Tepper Marty was in the way and used Teddy as a prime reason. Rhule was wrong. Tepper bought into his BS. I think Tepper will buy into Fitts BS too, which is apparent with this dumb CMC trade with draft picks that are going to one of the worst talent evaluation rooms in the NFL.

College HC incoming now that Fitt made the Panthers a very risky choice for any legit championship caliber HC/OC/DC with NFL experience.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Sad but true. Best QB option came from a non-Fitterer GM. Too bad they threw him out when he told everyone the problem and what was about to happen to the Panthers.

Teddy was right. I believed him. Then again I also saw the problems incoming with the Rhule hire. Tepper wanted Rhule. Marty did not. Rhule convinced Tepper Marty was in the way and used Teddy as a prime reason. Rhule was wrong. Tepper bought into his BS. I think Tepper will buy into Fitts BS too, which is apparent with this dumb CMC trade with draft picks that are going to one of the worst talent evaluation rooms in the NFL.

College HC incoming now that Fitt made the Panthers a very risky choice for any legit championship caliber HC/OC/DC with NFL experience.

Marty didn't want Rhule until he tasted those sweet, sweet meatballs. I would rather Tepper buy into Fitts BS opposed to Rhule because he has actually worked in the NFL and understands how it works and how a successful organization (Seahawks) operate. 

CMC trade was not dumb I don't think, it stings for sure, but an expensive RB is not getting us anywhere right now. We also need as many chances at NFL draft prospects as we can get, we are no better or worse than most NFL franchises at evaluating talent, we just can't get the coaching right. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I'm not so sure that it's going to be an unattractive job.  After all, if need be, Tepper can just pay you $10 million a year...

Also, there is a long season ahead, even longer now that we're just going to punt every 4th offensive play.

The problem when assessing Fitterer is separating what he did and what Rhule did.  There were some good moves, the draft maneuvering was fun, and some boneheaded choices with QBs.  Was that all on Rhule?  I don't think so.

So Tepper needs to figure out if Scott is the best GM for him, then he needs to let Scott and the football guys run the show.  Tepper just needs to shake hands, smile, and write the checks. I think if that can be established, and Tepper can clean up his other real estate ventures to actually invest in the team, then the job becomes more attractive.

Who knows?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Darnold was good value? 

A lot of people on here (myself included) get sort of unfairly pointed at as being excited about the Darnold trade. I wasn’t excited about it. Did I have some hope he could pan out? Sure. But I wasn’t in love with trading for Darnold. 

What I was happy about was that we went the route of trading for him rather than shipping out three 1sts for Watson. And when you compare the two, I still absolutely feel we did better. Look, Watson hasn’t played in about 2 years now. He would have cost us multiple firsts and he still would have been playing under terrible coaches, if he had even played.

So you sort of have to compare the two to each other. And ask me right now, would I have preferred the trade we made for Darnold or the trade the Browns made for Watson. Guess which one I’m picking today? It’s Darnold hands down. 

So if his task was to go find another QB, then yeah. All things considered, I say it was decent value 

• Pie 2