• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't totally gut this team

Jmac

if a one dimensional safety like Jamal adams can net two 1’s, a 3, and a player then the baseline starting point for an elite pass rusher is three 1’s

then again Seattle has always been willing to overpay and carelessly throw away draft picks 

good thing we don’t have anyone from that school of thought running our department

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's 25. So you're thinking this team's window of winning is 5-10 years out?

If they hit it on the QB and Coach I think they are at least 3 years out before competing for the playoffs. DJ more will be 28 on a contract year. They are at least 5 years away in my opinion from being in contention by for a super bowl, again if they get it right on the QB and coach. The question is, do you want To pay DJ Moore big money at 29 on his third contract right around when the team is finally making that jump.

i can be sold on keeping him. I like him a lot. I just think it’s debatable if it’s more prudent to see if you can get someone to overpay and draft an elite WR who is on the same schedule as your QB.

3 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

If they hit it on the QB and Coach I think they are at least 3 years out before competing for the playoffs. DJ more will be 28 on a contract year. They are at least 5 years away in my opinion from being in contention by for a super bowl, again if they get it right on the QB and coach. The question is, do you want To pay DJ Moore big money at 29 on his third contract right around when the team is finally making that jump.

i can be sold on keeping him. I like him a lot. I just think it’s debatable if it’s more prudent to see if you can get someone to overpay and draft an elite WR who is on the same schedule as your QB.

Lol not at all. The Eagles won the SB in 2018, blew it up after 2019, and went back to the playoffs in 2021 and are SB contenders in 2022. Playoffs in year 2 of a rookie HC/QB regime and contention in year 3 is absolutely doable provided you get those two right. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

39 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Damn this really broke y’all’s brains.

moore should be off the table and I don’t care how old he’s gonna be when we “can compete.” The new rookie qb needs a reliable receiver from day 1 and dj is reliable and is not injury prone. 

Moore is probably off the cap because of the cap implications and because there aren't going to be many teams that are interested in that contract.

If I had even the slightest bit of confidence in team management and ownership, I'd be looking at a glass half full.

Instead I'm looking at a poorly lidded sippy cup knocked onto the good carpet and grape juice is staining the hell out of the rug. 

None of these guys were ready for the job they have been given.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Damn this really broke y’all’s brains.

moore should be off the table and I don’t care how old he’s gonna be when we “can compete.” The new rookie qb needs a reliable receiver from day 1 and dj is reliable and is not injury prone. 

Veteran WRs and Rookie QBs don't mix well. IE Smitty and Newton.   Better examples are of Rookie WRs and Rookie QBs jelling like Burrow and Chase or Tua and Waddle.  Before you mention Diggs/Allen or Hopkins/Murray.....make sure you recognize Moore isn't even close to these WR1s.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1