• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

3 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

It's a fair debate. But the counter would be that he could be ahead in his development. It's not like a team wouldn't have used a top 10 for  Kurt Warner's career that effectively started at 28.

That’s what a team will be hoping for, but I’d bet most teams in the top 10 probably wouldn’t risk it, maybe a team picking in the teens might though.

Hypothetically, if a team like Atlanta or Seattle happens to over preform this year and are sitting around #18, I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see Hooker go early (assuming Levis is already gone).

9 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

If he plays like he's been playing he's going way ahead of 18 IMO.  He's already being talked about as potentially top QB prospect.

I think he’d have to put up Burrow numbers for that to happen. At 25, he’ll be the second oldest QB since 1967 to be drafted in the first round (assuming he is).

Edit: he would be the third oldest because the numbers are based on the individuals birthday as of 9/1.

I see him going right around where Pickett was taken.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Stroud's placement is elite, there is no disputing that, WRs open or not, his ball placement is ridiculous.  Anyone saying otherwise is just not being honest or not watching OSU games.  It is possible to parse out the skill even in a relatively handicapped offense.

Not trying to rely too much on O'Sullivan but his videos show the plays you're looking for...good lord look at the fly route at the :50 mark.  He breaks it down as well quite well.  

Here's also a new upload that breaks down Bryce v. Stroud

I'd just advise those who have only watched highlights so far to tune into an OSU game.  

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I've been saying he's the best of this class. I really really really like Levis but that speaks more to the class as a whole not being special.

I'm really going to have to see more from everyone for the remainder of the season, and study scouting reports before I come to a conclusion. I like some things that I've seen from Levis and Levis  (but NOT enough to say they are any better of a prospect than Corral, I might add).

Hooker looked impressive from what I saw last week.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Back to back bad throws and 2 dropped picks vs Iowa.

Lol pass on Stroud

C’mon man… the second one was fine throw and the type of throw that NFL QB’s make every day, the receiver has to get his head around.

Trolling over two throws is fugging foolish.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Snake said:

It doesn't concern me as much as not being able to see over your line. I swear youngtards will try anything to make their guy look better. 

This is so stupid lmao. People act like Alabama’s O-Line and the SEC D’s they play have 6’1 linemen