• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I didn't say sack leader list.

That's just a list of our best pass rushers skill wise.

He will never crack the top 5.

He's no Lathon Greene Peppers. He's just not that good.

There's probably 15 guys in the NFL I'd rather have than Burns.

He's literally like the 17th best at his position in the NFL.

He's not that good and I don't know why you guys are so enamored with him.

Because each team starts two primary pass rushers, whether DE or OLB. That means there are 64 starting pass rushers in the NFL. If he's the 17th best guy, he still obviously has room for improvement and he's already better than 75% of his peers.

Stop acting like HOF is the only acceptable path to SB rings. It's just not true.

Step back and give yourself some additional context. How many pass rushers get drafted in the draft every year? How many of those wind up being better than Burns? Some miniscule percentage. Do you really think any of the 15 or so guys you'd rather have can be acquired somehow without crippling our roster or hamstringing our future?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

How did we not take 2 first round picks for an edge rusher that doesn’t play the run well, drops in coverage 10-20% of the time, and whiffs on more sacks then he creates? Idiotic 

He is actually top 10 for DEs in the NFL against the run. Also top 10 for tackles for loss as well. He has played the run very well this year.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

He is actually top 10 for DEs in the NFL against the run. Also top 10 for tackles for loss as well. He has played the run very well this year.

Yea, I was about to post similar.  People tend to get stuck in past narratives. He was a little weak against the run his rookie year but he’s gotten quite good at it especially for his size. He uses his quickness and instincts to make up for lack of bulk. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Show me stats that when ran at he’s top 10. I’m not talking about being unblocked off the edge pursuing and scraping and chasing things down… get the two extra firsts 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

How did we not take 2 first round picks for an edge rusher that doesn’t play the run well, drops in coverage 10-20% of the time, and whiffs on more sacks then he creates? Idiotic 

Because he's still that hard to replace and pass rushing matters that much, although imo 2 firsts, depending on whom they're from, is the point I start to think long and hard about it. It's early, maybe this starts off a bidding war for Burns that gets crazy. We can hope, right?

If the offers keep going up, gonna be hard not to take one.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

True, he may just split. But, I would take the two first round picks...just not right away; I'd hold out until closer to the deadline to see if they won't sweeten the offer, or for a better one.

If they’re really turning down at least 2 firsts for him, they must have some assurances from him or his agent that he’s planning on signing here. If not it’s really dumb to keep him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Interesting. So he's learning to use his shiftiness and speed to beat run blockers? That implies his pass rushing could improve too as he matures as a player. He really has had no credible vet pass rusher to learn from since he's been here.