• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I definitely can understand this sentiment. I think Burns can be good for a long time. Trading him for unproven rookies may not be worth it. 

I don't think Burns wants to be here though, why would he? With rookies you at least get players that aren't so disgruntled. By the way a big thanks to Tepper, Rhule, and Fitts for running this franchise into the ground. 

• Pie 1

I think a lot of folks are letting our trashiness as a team and organization make them forget just how much the rest of the NFL values legit young pass rushers. Very few guys have more sacks than Brian Burns since he's been in the league. That's gets folks' attention.

If you put everyone currently on our roster on the open market, Burns has the highest value.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Sadly, the Panthers have to contend with the likelihood that if we don't trade off some of these stars now, they're simply going to walk in free agency anyway.

He can't walk for two years and we'd probably franchise him too if it came to it.

Like Moore, if you want him you have to vastly overpay.

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Sadly, the Panthers have to contend with the likelihood that if we don't trade off some of these stars now, they're simply going to walk in free agency anyway.

burns is a no questions asked tag type of player. 

if he starts to sour, you tag him, try to reignite his fire with a new coach and QB, and if not, trade him then.

there’s no rush to do this in light of that concern.

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

burns is a no questions asked tag type of player. 

if he starts to sour, you tag him, try to reignite his fire with a new coach and QB, and if not, trade him then.

there’s no rush to do this in light of that concern.

I agree.  I also think Burns specifically is going to get better and better.  What he shows on tape next year may push his value even higher if the Panthers are dead set on trading him.