• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rhule screwed this kid.  Even if he has talent like you say at best he is going into camp, coming off a major injury, as qb 3.  We are signing a vet in Feb.  Drafting a guy in April and those 2 will be light years ahead in regards to the new offense simply based on reps in mini camp etc.   I have to think at best the new staff will bring him along slowly and try not to throw him to the fire as that would not be fair for anyone.   He probably will be #3 all season next year and maybe he can build from there.  I seriously doubt it.  

I will reiterate, matt rhule fuged this kid.  It sucks for MC but with his injury and new staff there just isnt any legit path for him to make any sort of meaningful contribution to this team in the near future.

If he does or doesn't, it's all on him at this point. I hope he finds success. It seems like any QB associated with Rhule has pretty much watched their career go down in flames, except for T2G, and he's just a backup right now. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rhule screwed this kid.  Even if he has talent like you say at best he is going into camp, coming off a major injury, as qb 3.  We are signing a vet in Feb.  Drafting a guy in April and those 2 will be light years ahead in regards to the new offense simply based on reps in mini camp etc.   I have to think at best the new staff will bring him along slowly and try not to throw him to the fire as that would not be fair for anyone.   He probably will be #3 all season next year and maybe he can build from there.  I seriously doubt it.  

I will reiterate, matt rhule fuged this kid.  It sucks for MC but with his injury and new staff there just isnt any legit path for him to make any sort of meaningful contribution to this team in the near future.

This is probably accurate.

Hate it for the kid, but...

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's precisely why leading up to the draft that I said the Panthers fan in me wants Howell but the Howell fan in me wants him to go pretty much anywhere else. 😂

Then he ends up with Rivera's bum ass. ☹️

1. Corral

2. Grayson McCall 

3. Anthony Richardson (big developmental project)

The others most people are listing will be top of the 1st round picks and I'd rather use that on a killer receiver or pass rusher. McCall is going to surprise a lot of Huddlers when draft evaluation time gets here. Dude has thrown I think 5 or 6 interceptions in two years. If you all want to say he's a system QB, fine.

Hendon Hooker is the epitome of a system QB. Stroud is an Ohio State QB which makes me wary. It's hard to evaluate him because of the surrounding talent. I'd take Young but I don't think he's going to be there for us.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Matt Corral looked unbelievably awful in preseason. Like worse than Pickles awful.

Aaaaasaaand Pickles was playing with the first team. Corral never did. Unless YOU saw something we weren't allowed to.

Hold your overly hasty horses. We haven't seen the guy play with NFL talent yet but we've got the same mantra continuing.

At least be honest, "the third string looked horrible".

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go back and watch all of his preseason work. He had one good throw which was ok a swing route to a RB. Everything else he basically looked like a fan who won a drawing to play QB that day.

I know you like the guy and hell I had him as my #2 QB in the draft, but damn... he looked flat out awful.

He said chased down from behind by a DT. When was that, since we're documenting what we could see in garbage time behind used car salesmen? Let's not make stuff up to put the guy down like "I saw him play NFL football and he sucked". That's a lie.

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Someone does not like them some Matt Corral. Oof. 

It's not Corral specifically, but relatively & it's all of last year's class.  Everything I've seen hasn't changed a thing, if anything pushes them all down further. I wanted to love Corral, want to root for him, hell, still will, hope I get proven wrong.  Chris Simms babay...amiright?

I won't lie though, was definitely on some hype trains, we're QB desperate..some open to go in R1, but in the grand scheme of things, the first guy I'm saying, "oh I'd for sure take Malik/Pickett/Corral/Ridder over" is around that Hall/Ward range.  Young, Stroud, Levis, no questions asked.  Penix looks miles better and has a monster ceiling, the arm finesse, size, agility, decent footwork.  Upside with Hooker is immense.  McKee is being very overlooked but I know due to my Stanford and Colts connections he is being eyed hard by many, he checks nearly every box.  But 2021's group--they don't even sniff the top of this draft. 

As a prospect--if we're stretching the pool out a few years, I see the bulk of last years class somewhere between a Kizer and Mills.  Some good upside, great traits, nothing remotely special.  High bust potential.

The fact that basically every team went in another direction from pick 17 to 74...57 entire picks to take the next QB after Kenny freaking Pickett tells you everything you need to know. 

Corral, all excuses and circumstance aside, just downright looked bad.  Some guys will still show a glimmer of something, some type of "in it", poise, spunk.  He just didn't belong, Tony Pike level.  I'll try to hope otherwise, but other than his flick release, he needs to grow a ton. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You have to grade your current roster before trying to decide what to use a top 10 pick on.

Just keep slinging poo. Critical thinking isn't your strong suit. 😂

The entire point of my thread was evaluating Corral (current player on our roster) to the quarterbacks we may decide to use a top 10 pick on…

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He said chased down from behind by a DT. When was that, since we're documenting what we could see in garbage time behind used car salesmen? Let's not make stuff up to put the guy down like "I saw him play NFL football and he sucked". That's a lie.

“I saw him play NFL football and he sucked” is probably the best you will get from that Linville guy. 

Not much detail, very basic and emotional, demonstrated a lack of understanding (or effort reading) about the thread as a whole, all while saying I was the one not thinking critically. 

Impressive in a certain way. 

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think it’s safe to say that there are people who give great weight to Corral’s 3 quarters of preseason play, and see the results as being on him, and there is another group who either don’t place much weight on it, or simply look deeply at the context of the situation (or spreading blame to coaching, oline, reps, etc).

And at this point, there’s no convincing the other side they are right or wrong. 

I just saw nothing athletically special. Can he be coached up? Sure. I think he can be a good backup eventually but this idea that he’s mobile or has above average arm strength is false unless he showed up out of shape🤷‍♂️ Having a quick release doesn’t matter if it’s not accurate. 

10 minutes ago, RJK said:

I just saw nothing athletically special. Can he be coached up? Sure. I think he can be a good backup eventually but this idea that he’s mobile or has above average arm strength is false unless he showed up out of shape🤷‍♂️ Having a quick release doesn’t matter if it’s not accurate. 

I saw a quarterback out of sync and under duress. Not even absolving him; he missed throws. I’m just not weighing it more than years of college film. 

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I saw a quarterback out of sync and under duress. Not even absolving him; he missed throws. I’m just not weighing it more than years of college film. 

Mental reps instead of real reps. Three guys in front of him.

The guys he had were guys mostly not on the team, guys who may not have started with him at Ole Miss.

I just want to see if he can be anything like he was in college, just maybe staying in the pocket more or rolling out. Although he's a great runner(go watch his film) he needs to be more conservative, less hero ball. I love his heart but his heart ultimately lead to him falling in the draft. As the great Walter Payton once said to a rookie iirc "You're sweetness is your weakness".

Had Corral been more selfish he would have thought about the bag and draft position instead of "not letting his guys down". Had he not kept in touch with his former WR who went to jail maybe the media or whoever wouldn't have twisted it into "bad company" "decision making". Show me a college student that doesn't partake in the sauce and who isn't going through something and I'll show you an empty locker room, well maybe AC Green.