• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread

Zod

26 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I am kind of surprised you are fighting tooth and nail to defend the kicker immediately after a game where he had 2 chances in FG range to win the game.

Good kickers make the kick with the game on the line.

This one missed two in the same game.

I don't care if he hit all 3 PAT's last week.

He is not a good kicker, despite how well he hits PATs. 

Good kickers are clutch.   Pinerio was not today.

I'm not defending the kicker.  I am defending the coaching strategy and playing it safe for the FG in OT on the 15 yard line with his 4th string QB starting.  People are pissed at that strategy.  He was making 48 yard FGs in our Saints win without issues and has been fine all year kicking.   I get his missed 2 total, but that PAT was a long kick.  

27 minutes ago, poundaway said:

So you want to keep Pinerio over Gonzalez?  WTF?

You are missing the point.  My point is just because a kicker was signed during the season doesn't mean he will be terrible which was YOUR logic.  "No other teams wanted him because he sucks." Gonzalez was my proof that isn't always the case.   

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm not defending the kicker.  I am defending the coaching strategy and playing it safe for the FG in OT on the 15 yard line with his 4th string QB starting.  People are pissed at that strategy.  He was making 48 yard FGs in our Saints win without issues and has been fine all year kicking.   I get his missed 2 total, but that PAT was a long kick.  

The PAT was well within his range. 

Playing it overly safe and not trusting our O has cost has two games now.  The pattern is clear. 

Wilks doesn't have the talent to play oldschool, super-conservative.  RR had Cam to save his ass over and over.

Wilks 's going to lose a lot of games playing that way.

Just now, poundaway said:

Well, he was terrible today sooo...

Yeah and the Bengals kicker was terrible against the Steelers.  It happens sometimes.  He had missed ONE 48 yard extra point at the time we were playing for the FG on the 15 yard line.  I'm sorry but it's the right call.  If PJ threw a pick you would be crying we didn't run it with Foreman because he was playing great all game.

26 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Which part?

Lose when the other team scores more than 17.  Check

Lose by less than a score.  Check

Defense fall apart late game.  Check

Lose.  Check

Scored 34 points (tie, only once before)

Come from behind to take a team to OT on the road (never)

Got in a second half shootout.  (Rare if ever)

Team didn't fold after conceding a late score (Rare, if ever)

*Same team, but I can see a difference.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and the Bengals kicker was terrible against the Steelers.  It happens sometimes.  He had missed ONE 48 yard extra point at the time we were playing for the FG on the 15 yard line.  I'm sorry but it's the right call.  If PJ threw a pick you would be crying we didn't run it with Foreman because he was playing great all game.

You cannot win in the NFL perpetually afraid that your QB is going to throw a pick.  Pinerio missed more kicks in  that game than PJ threw picks.

Sheesh.