• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tank season back on: #2 Pick in the draft currently

Varking

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

We are going to win more games and won't even get a top 3 pick and it doesn't bother me at all. Who is to say the guy we pick if we were secure the number 1 pick even pans out and does not bust? 

This class honestly looks like the typical crapshoot to me. Everyone's about the same level of prospect as guys like Mayfield, Darnold, Fields, Jones, etc. There may be more of them usual but that's all more the reason to not worry about the draft position.

If there was someone coming in with Cam or Luck level hype I'd be down to tank for him but this is just another year. Young is the closest to that and his size keeps him from being that level of a sure-fire prospect.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

"Tanking in sports refers to the practice of intentionally fielding non-competitive teams to take advantage of league rules that benefit losing teams."

By definition, the Panthers are not "tanking." To suggest Rhule & Company intentionally built and fielded a non-competitive team is giving him a poo-ton of credit he doesn't deserve. This is simply a very bad football team, built by a head coach with zero professional experience and zero knowledge. 

At this point, I have to believe the only people watching this team play are the same people who watch NASCAR just to see the wrecks. At least, with the Panthers, you're guaranteed a wreck week in and week out.

Oh, YouTube has the highlights, too. You only have to spend 15 minutes of your valuable time getting everything you need to be pissed off until next week. Who knows, maybe if you just watched the highlights for 15 minutes instead of giving up 3 hours on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, you find yourself in a much better state of health, both physically and mentally.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

This class honestly looks like the typical crapshoot to me. Everyone's about the same level of prospect as guys like Mayfield, Darnold, Fields, Jones, etc. There may be more of them usual but that's all more the reason to not worry about the draft position.

If there was someone coming in with Cam or Luck level hype I'd be down to tank for him but this is just another year. Young is the closest to that and his size keeps him from being that level of a sure-fire prospect.

The difference maybe in mentality. If there's a guy that has tools, and seems like they have a great, competitive, attitude, they should grab him.

Mayfield, and Darnold were not that guy. They both are headcases.

37 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Who’s to say he won’t be a success? No one knows it is all speculation. 

With that in mind I don't want to tank then. If rather win and build team confidence and develop whoever we draft in the position we draft them. My point is just hoping we lose out to get the number 1 or number 2 pick doesn't guarantee anything so who cares.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

We think alike. You just explained it much better than I did.

• Beer 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:33 AM, stbugs said:

Lol. Not ripping him but a coverage mistake doesn’t prove he’s elite. Just like his drop on 4th and 19 doesn’t prove he suck’s. It’s one play and even the announcers said the secondary (he was double teamed) did the one thing they can’t do in that situation, let him run by you and slow down.

Actually, if you watch the play.  He didn't streak straight down the field.  He paused momentarily and then shot by the DBs.  The DBs should have been deeper but it happens.

You blame that they were backups as if starters wouldn't have made the same mistake.  Purely assumption.  

3 seasons of over 1000 yards especially considering our QB play, IMO makes him one of the top receivers in the game. (ie elite) He'll most likely pass 1000 yards this season or get damn close to it. Especially considering he didn't get his season started until Rhule was fired. 

10 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

The past 2 games have been entertaining. It's just a sport. No reason to be so dramatic over it.

It rained all day where I am.

One of the ways that certain fans signal their virtue is to pretend that they don’t watch and follow the team. They have to post here after each game to remind us that they don’t waste their precious time with the franchise anymore yet they are still here. Makes sense doesn’t it?

8 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

One of the ways that certain fans signal their virtue is to pretend that they don’t watch and follow the team. They have to post here after each game to remind us that they don’t waste their precious time with the franchise anymore yet they are still here. Makes sense doesn’t it?

Another way that "certain fans signal their virtue" (whatever the fug that means. I think the appropriate term is virtue signal) tell you point blank they don't watch. Instead, they watch the YouTube highlights. It's 15 minutes versus 3 hours.

Get over yourself.

10 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I absolutely hope Bryce Young' size causes him to slip in the draft so we can land him regardless of record

"Size concerns" LOL

Some of yall are forgetting that the two most iconic players in franchise history were size outliers lol

Bryce Young is a perfect fit here

This would be the ideal outcome. He's a special talent that doesn't come around often and our offensive line was built for him.