• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ = Heinicke

NAS

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I bet you never thought you would be arguing that point at the beginning of the session. 

I feel like I'm in some alternate reality where I would have said that about PJ. But he literally is the best QB we have right now.  I can't believe I typed that. 

Imagine if a team had given him 4 years of chances like Sam or Baker. He's at what 5 games?

I don't know what it is but I can't help to be a PJ fan these days. The team looks invigorated with him behind center and Rhule's ass gone. PJ has at least proven he will be a good backup for this team but right now I think he is the absolute best we have and needs to continue to start to see if he can develop even further. I'm sentimental though as I love a feel good story and would enjoy seeing PJ and Steve Wilks turn the team around together and both land jobs for next year.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I don't know what it is but I can't help to be a PJ fan these days. The team looks invigorated with him behind center and Rhule's ass gone. PJ has at least proven he will be a good backup for this team but right now I think he is the absolute best we have and needs to continue to start to see if he can develop even further. I'm sentimental though as I love a feel good story and would enjoy seeing PJ and Steve Wilks turn the team around together and both land jobs for next year.

With the cap and draft situation next year it doesn't really make sense to blow everything up anyway. Give them both a full offseason, maybe draft a QB to sit for the start of the year, if it doesn't work out 2024 is the time to wipe the slate clean

• Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Imagine if a team had given him 4 years of chances like Sam or Baker. He's at what 5 games?

Well to be fair he's had a few years here under Rhule and it hasn't helped him.

The truth is PJ is playing for his nfl life right now.  What he does with this opportunity will determine if he gets another shot here or somewhere else next season. Believe or not I'm rooting for him to succeed even though I doubt he will. But I like his determination.  He's easy to root for.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The truth is PJ is playing for his nfl life right now.  What he does with this opportunity will determine if he gets another shot here or somewhere else next season. Believe or not I'm rooting for him to succeed even though I doubt he will. But I like his determination.  He's easy to root for.

He's already got an NFL roster spot next year based on the last 2 games.  Someone will sign him to be a backup if we don't keep him.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah the whole bringing Cam in last year was a mess all around and was a waste of PJ's opportunities. The whole Rhule era was about getting the job, and then throwing random poo at the wall hoping that something would cover up the fact that he had no clue what to do with anything relating to actual x's and o's. At least that phase is over

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Pretty much the same player. Good enough to win a few games, but also remind you why they’re not a franchise QB due to inconsistency .  

PJ is a solid backup but just like first half today he will not be able to carry this team into the future.   He has limitation in seeing the field and missing wide open throws.

Well I don't believe that I've seen anyone say that he is our future. He has earned some respect though, and has proved that he should be on a roster. 

If we think about it, since being committed to, P.J. is playing his best football. Sometimes guys need time and opportunity. I believe that was only his fifth start. He can get even better more than likely. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

PJ has proven he can win more than one game.   I mean he literally has won games all 3 seasons he has been a backup.  

he played well enough to win today too.  That’s football though.  

He was a direct cause of us losing. If Forman didn't run over ATL this game wouldn't have been close. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Well I don't believe that I've seen anyone say that he is our future. He has earned some respect though, and has proved that he should be on a roster. 

If we think about it, since being committed to, P.J. is playing his best football. Sometimes guys need time and opportunity. I believe that was only his fifth start. He can get even better more than likely. 

He doesn't have to be the guy. He just has to prove that he belongs here to sit behind the guy in case he may be needed.  We are still looking for the guy.

We have had one of the worst QB rooms in the NFL for too long now to the point some people apparently have stockholm syndrome as a result.

Sam Darnold - pick six

Baker Mayfield - pick six

PJ Walker - pick six

One might look slightly better than the other on different gamedays but none of them are starters.

• Poo 3