• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

CPcavedweller

This will be unpopular but I have to say, the more I look at this QB class, the more I’m secretly starting to wonder to myself if Sam or even Baker for that matter could ball out with a new offensive minded head coaching staff. I always think back to Alex Smith pre harbaugh, then when Harbaugh took over the 9ers as head coach and Smith started looking like a legit QB, also Alex Smith was a no 1 overall pick and looked trash his career until Harbaugh.

I mean we have two QBs on the roster that we’re top 5 picks, you have to imagine the odds would be in our favor to revive one of their careers with the right coaching 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'm open to seeing him start some games.

I want Corral, a draft QB and some vet on a minimum deal. That vet could include Sam PJ or someone else.

I definitely think we should see him this year.

I agree with your strategy.  But we have about five years worth of evidence Sam is not the vet.  Baker's history is slightly better, but there are going to be better candidates for that vet position to be found.  In the role I think we are talking about, somebody who processes the information in front of them and makes good decisions with the ball, even if his physical limitations prevent him from being Aaron Rodgers makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

The longer PJ starts the less likely we'll see Baker and ever Sam again. That 4th round pick is enough incentive to not play Baker again.

Random, but it was cool seeing Baker hug PJ and be excited for him. That was a cool moment, and Baker (like Cam) shows he’s a better dude and better teammate than how he’s portrayed. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i can honestly say that i have no curiosity in the slightest about what darnold can do. same with baker.

roll with PJ. up or down we roll with PJ. i'm not interested in finishing out the year with a QB merry-go-round. unless he gets hurt, PJ.

exactly, who gives a fug if rhule was holding them back, they are both free agents and there is no way in hell we bring either back

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

exactly, who gives a fug if rhule was holding them back, they are both free agents and there is no way in hell we bring either back

i am warming up to the idea of maybe bringing PJ back. not as a starter, still want us drafting our guy, but i think he'd be good for the class room and locker room.

• Pie 1

In the four years he has been in the league Sam has not had an oline ranked above 25 or some poo. Let that sink in.

Nevertheless, I’d imagine he play as good as PJ. Which is not good enough.

And Baker worse than either, as he is straight trash.

Get rid of the whole fuging circus. You see what the head of the snake is providing. All the stragglers for this clown show need to go as well including Fit.

As far as QB, Corral is the back up and the qb we draft will probably start. I suppose there should be an aging vet in there to mentor but he is not yet on the roster.