• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ to start vs CIN

ChuckWag78

PJ has won me over.  Wanted him gone after the Rams game.  Tampa and Atlanta have completely changed my perception.  He's played really well.  That pick 6 was an insane defensive play.  He was barely missing on some first half throws yesterday.  I want to see more, it definitely feels like his ceiling is quite a bit higher atm.  Subject to further evaluation as the league gets more tape on him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Say what you will about PJ, and this will be very unpopular, but same exact situation yesterday in the final minute of the game, Cam wouldn’t have come through clutch like that. I can maybe remember one or two times at most Cam 100% won a game for us in the final minute or so like PJ almost did yesterday. 

Don’t get it twisted, Cam is obviously the better QB for sure, but he definitely lacked that clutchness we saw from PJ yesterday 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Not so sure I agree, thought he had some decent gains given his first start and limited playing time 

Spencer brown went down on first contact, his longest run was 7 yards and gave up a sack at a crucial moment. He showed  nothing that would make him better than chuba. Spencer actually had negative yards after first contact.

pass.

Edited by TheCasillas

27 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Say what you will about PJ, and this will be very unpopular, but same exact situation yesterday in the final minute of the game, Cam wouldn’t have come through clutch like that. I can maybe remember one or two times at most Cam 100% won a game for us in the final minute or so like PJ almost did yesterday. 

Don’t get it twisted, Cam is obviously the better QB for sure, but he definitely lacked that clutchness we saw from PJ yesterday 

Not sure how you can say that, there's no way to know if Cam would have completed that pass.  In his prime he certainly had the arm.  We do know that Cam definitely had some amazing moments.  First that come to mind are the 2015 wins @Seattle (will never forget that Olsen TD!) and the amazing drive @NO to take the lead and remain undefeated.  There were many more, these two just came to mind first.  Why do we need to subtract from Cam to uplift PJ though?  

Other than that, PJ did win the game for us.  He may have won the game on the previous drive as well if DJ hangs on.  There was nothing further PJ could do, he did his job to the tune of the longest completed air pass in next gen stats history.  Coaching took the ball out of his hands after the OT turnover which I thought was a huge mistake.  Putting the game on a kicker who just missed vs. the QB that just put the team on his back.  

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 6

55 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

You must have memory loss.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

To me PJ seemed over eager in the first half and had too much zip. I think he was excited to get it done and his adrenaline was pumping into overdrive. Regardless, I think he's clearly the best QB on the roster. (talking about Darnold and Baker here - who knows with Corral)

I also think the first half gameplan was dumb as hell, after they saw he was going high, they needed to get him a few confidence throws, easy curls, short slant, screens, anything, but ALL the plays were for passes 25 yards down the field.

• Beer 1