• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How is Burns blowing up the team? You are about to pay him $25M a year for 8-9 sacks a year. We can do a lot for that like add a Hopkins or Hill or AJ Brown. Then you also have two firsts.

He's only 24 and on pace for 12 sacks this season, without a decent bookend on the other side. We need a few pieces and we can compete now. Go get him help on the other side and the sacks will come. That's just my prediction, which is no sillier than your prediction of him only getting 8-9 sacks per year in the future. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'd want something else thrown in, this year. 

If they want to throw in a third round pick this year, that would give us our first, our and SF's second, and then SF's and the Rams' third.  That is a good position to be in, and if we wanted to move up we could probably package something to move back into the mid-late first round.

The sand is running out of the hourglass for the Rams' window, so we have some leverage here.

I live Burns, but the fact we have no idea what defense we will play next year (unless Wilks is the HC), his contract is due up soon, and he has been known to miss a few tackles/sacks would make this tempting.

Crazy good deal and perfect for our time frame. We don't need Burns sacks this season, or next. Neither of those seasons will be good. Then we get those 1st round picks to add to hopefully to a QB who is coming into his own. Perfect.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

If the firsts were in 2023 and 2024, I think Carolina probably takes this deal. Being in 2024 and 2025 makes it tougher because there's no guarantee the current GM and whoever is the new coach would be making that 2025 pick.

1. Rams are going to be in cap hell in a couple of years

2. They have no draft capital to get better

3.  McVay flirted with retiring last off season

4. Stafford isnt getting better

5. Donold will be 33

They are going to suck in a couple years

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

You also have to wonder why this is getting so much press. I feel like someone in the Panthers could be leaking this to up any last minute offers for Burns. Wouldn't shock me if we end up trading him after all, especially if anything gets added to the offer. If we get a haul, I wouldn't hate it. But we'd really have to hit big in the draft. This defense would have no pass rush as is minus Burns and a defense without a pass rush is no defense.

• Pie 2

You need either a more assured high pick or a younger known commodity/player (or both) in a Burns deal.  

Not taking it personally.  

Maybe if they tossed in Van Jefferson and some mid rounders but hard no.  They're not the team I'd want to send him to, can get better elsewhere or just keep him and see if we can work something out within the next year.

• Beer 1