• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballFocus Mock Draft has Carolina Picking at 3 - Will Levis

Varking

22 minutes ago, lightsout said:

If we draft another edge player instead of a true middle backer or a dlineman or guard, I'd view it as a waste. If we go QB and it is anything less than a slam dunk pick, I'll swear off drafting a day one QB ever again. Lol

why not a long snapper or a punter too

44 minutes ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

With this franchise, this isn't only possible, but likely

I am a Florida homer. I said we should have no part in Kyle Trask because I don't believe he has the physical skills to make all of the throws in the NFL. When you watch the Bowl Game against Oklahoma and his starting WRs were gone and Pitts wasn't playing, his lack of velocity became very apparent. He is a big guy with a below average arm.

He went in the second round.

Richardson has the wheels of a high end NFL QB. Richardson has the arm of a high end NFL QB. People forget that Dan Mullen would refuse to play this kid last year when Emory Jones couldn't move the ball. Richardson is still learning the position. And thats the scary part. Can he continue to learn and grow? Do you trust your coaches to help him develop? He is showing those signs in college NOW.

Anthony Richardson first four games:
65 of 121 (53.7%) for 876 yards, 2 passing touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He also tacked on 41 carries for 196 yards and 5 TDs. 4.78 yards per carry. During this time he faced no top defense. Tennessee was the closest and he threw for 450 yards, 2 touchdowns passing, 2 rushing and 1 INT against them at the end of the game. 

Since then he has played five games:
66 of 114 (57.8%) for 963 yards, 7 passing touchdowns to only 2 interceptions. He also tacked on 33 carries for 296 yards and 3 TDs. 8.96 yards per carry. He did this against LSU, Texas A&M and Georgia. 

Hooker / Richardson vs Georgia = 195 yards and 0 TDs and 1 INT vs 271 yards and 1 TD with 0 INT. Richardson is three years younger with significantly worse weapons and protection than Hooker. 

Hooker likely goes in round 2. So Richardson, from a pro-tools standpoint is likely going high end round 2 or back end of round 1. But thats if he continues to play ball with minimal turnovers and show progress as a passer. 

Everyones favorite prospects as QB are talking a hit on their numbers in recent weeks and folks are looking for reasons to tear them down and Richardson is the one showing progress throughout the year. 

I still hope he comes back for one more season but hes going to get a lot of love from scouts and it may force his hand. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2

On 11/5/2022 at 11:08 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I would hope for the best but I'd be nervous as fug. Improving accuracy and consistency is one thing if you're talking about a 20 year old RS sophomore. It's a very different thing when you're talking about a guy who will be a 24 year old rookie.

Agreed. And aside from Josh Allen, how many NFL qb prospects who showed less than stellar accuracy in college improve that aspect of their game at the pro level? To me it seems a short list indeed for such a key part of a prospect's game.