• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Frank Reich fired

Mr. Scot

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd take him as a QB coach for sure, possibly even as an OC.

QB coach, ok.  OC, no way.

The only year his offense (as an OC) was ever better than average was the 2017 SB year with the Eagles where Carson Wentz was actually playing like a god.  His other OC gigs were middle of the pack at best.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

What experience does he have developing a rookie? Indy seemed to prefer the vet approach during his tenure.

I think I'd still prefer someone from the Shanahan tree. 

Carson Wentz was having a MVP-type season before getting hurt.  Not to mention Nick Foles looked like a like a Pro Bowler once taking over too.  Foles wasn't a rookie, but didn't squat before nor since then.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, trueblade said:

What experience does he have developing a rookie? Indy seemed to prefer the vet approach during his tenure.

I think I'd still prefer someone from the Shanahan tree. 

Shanahan tree has been picked fairly clean. Not too many guys left on it. Same can be said of the McVay tree, honestly.

There are guys that can be found on both though. Mike LaFleur in New York is a Shanahan guy and Shane Waldron in Seattle has a McVay connection.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Ageism discrimination.

I kid.

It's a pretty valid "kid" 😕

Just now, outlaw4 said:

Not going to lie. Really wanted Reich when he was last available. Not sure about now but I'd at least consider him over Dan Quinn.

I've only believed that if Dave Gettleman had been allowed to hire a head coach, it would have been Frank Reich. The two of them went way back.