• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where is the "drooling"? You're imagining stuff. Simply saying Baker looks significantly better after barely over a day in L.A. isn't drooling, it's just acknowledging reality.

I mean Baker had a stat line of like 18-30 155 yards and 3 points at the time you commented about how jealous you are of how LA’s coaches are using him. That kinda QB play has basically been our norm for the past 3 years lol.

But damn okay Baker earned his accolades on that last drive. I guess y’all really manifested some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy…props.

I really wanted to see this Baker in Carolina. Like, a lot.

This just shows once again how bad Rhule was. He was here for 2.5 years, but he set the team back a decade. 

But let me just say this, possibly the hottest of takes:

This could be Darnold. He played for Gase and Rhule. That's it. For all we know, with a competent coach and an OC who can scheme for our QB, it's possible the answer is on the roster.

If that seems improbable, remember Baker has the worst QBR in football with the Panthers. He was 1-5. We were debating in this very forum if he was as bad as pickles; if he was our worst QB ever.

With 2 days on a staff with an actual NFL coach, he learns an offense well enough to lead a 95 yard game winning drive.

Honestly, when it comes to evaluating QBs, throw our EVERYTHING you have seen in the Matt Rhule era. We truly don't know the potential of what we have.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean Baker had a stat line of like 18-30 155 yards and 3 points at the time you commented about how jealous you are of how LA’s coaches are using him. That kinda QB play has basically been our norm for the past 3 years lol.

But damn okay Baker earned his accolades on that last drive. I guess y’all really manifested some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy…props.

Scoreboard aside, it was blatantly obvious Mayfield was looking better than he ever did here.

• Pie 1

I do think tonight has to be an indictment on McAdoo which ultimately goes back to Matt Rhule. McAdoo better call the game of his life Sunday.

That being said, good for Baker. He made some incredible throws, especially on that last drive. He didn't make those throws here. And no one besides the Rams put in a waiver claim. None of the playoff teams, especially San Fran looked at his film this year (or last year) and thought he'd be an upgrade. 

I think tonight will still prove to be more anomaly than not, but it doesn't diminish how incredible it was, and it definitely puts him from being on the fringes of the league to absolutely being securely on a team next season and beyond.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2