• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WR DJ Moore: Players have spoken with David Tepper about stadium turf

TheSpecialJuan

Panthers wide receiver DJ Moore said on Monday that team leadership had spoken with owner David Tepper about the issue. Tepper, in an effort to expand the potential of Bank of America Stadium as a multi-purpose venue, installed the turf surface last season.

On Thursday night, PJ Walker sustained his ankle-sprain in the team’s Week 10 win over the Atlanta Falcons. He told reporters that he thinks it’s time for a change.

“I don’t mind it,” Walker said. “But I think it’s tough on the body. It’s tough on the body. Especially for like those big guys. Receivers as well—planting, coming out of breaks. It’s tough. So do I think the league should go to more grass fields? Absolutely.”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

Well lets admit it have these players been playing well enough since Tepper got here to demand grass? fug NO wins some HOME GAMES before demanding something lmao just my two cents

Wtf it’s a safety issue #1 and secondly Tepper is the one who hired a retard pee wee league HC that has no business in the nfl to lead said players

that’s just one god awful decision out of a TON. Teppers first 5 years of ownerships are the worst stretch in Panther history, and even worse probably top 5 in any teams general history lol….he owes everyone and then some 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I want grass however, I do not understand how the St.Louis Rams and Colts and Vikings and other teams that have always had artificial turf functioned for so long. Was their IR constantly long year after year?

Every stadium's turf is different, from the actual material they use to how it reacts to climate. Also practicing on grass and then playing on turf is an issue. Muscle memory doesn't translate, you can plant and cut one way on grass then try it on turf and hurt yourself

• Pie 2