• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, let's just say......

ladypanther

8 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

I see no way he could earn the job AND replace the coordinators.

He stays they all stay and they need to go.

Wilks already has full control over coaches. 

Ya don't make whole sale changes in mid season. 

He's already made many changes. 

There is literally no evidence to support your opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Going from Palmer to Rosen probably had a little to do with that.

Bengals game where we lost in the first half, decimated 35-0. The worst performance by a football team in 40 years.

Now you are obviously just making things up. There were at least 5 blowouts losses  last season alone.

I'm just repeating what the announcer said.  It was definitely the worst first half in Panthers history.

Even when the Bears beat the Packer 61-7 in 1980, it was only 28-0 at the half.  Which team was down by more than 35 points at the half last year?

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm sure glad we have all you head coach identifying experts in here. Maybe next time you guys can help Tepper pick a winner so that we are spared another 7 year process. 

Well,if your alternative is a combo of Tepper, Marty Hurney and Steven Drummond... 😕

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wilks isn't it but I do enjoy seeing how standards have changed so quickly on losing badly after Matthew Kenneth Rhule got the axe following months and months of excuses for losing.

Yeah you toss out Snow, Cooper, and the senior citizen and you get peoples attention lol. I do admire him coming in and taking complete control, the average interim doesn't the have balls. If he could just evolve away from the fuging soft zone secondary, guys his age are kinda stuck in their ways though.  

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well,if your alternative is a combo of Tepper, Marty Hurney and Steven Drummond... 😕

I seem to remember a few pro Rhule folks on here back during the coaching search the last time. 

There's always a contingent of huddlers screaming for the flavor of the month coaching candidates. It will be no different this time around and will not end well for them.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Wilks already has full control over coaches. 

Ya don't make whole sale changes in mid season. 

He's already made many changes. 

There is literally no evidence to support your opinion. 

A) nobody said change it now

B) if this group wins the 7 of 8 scenario how do you then fire the OC and DC who pulled that off?

So I say again, there’s no way he can earn the job AND replace the coordinators.

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I seem to remember a few pro Rhule folks on here back during the coaching search the last time. 

There's always a contingent of huddlers screaming for the flavor of the month coaching candidates. It will be no different this time around and will not end well for them.

I wasn't really taking him that seriously. Hell, I didn't even know the interview was in process.

Then all of a sudden, he was hired 😳

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I’ll say this, I could be warmed up to the thought of Wilks as HC next year with Frank Reich as his OC with the rookie QB. 

Me too.  I mean, you Have to be able to run the ball and play defense in the late season and playoffs especially if you do not get home field advantage. 
History is littered with the (high flying pass happy) teams that looked great on turf only to go NE or GB or somewhere in January and it is all over.

You Have to be able to do that especially against the best teams which is who you will be facing. 

Knowing that, believing that, doesn’t preclude a coach from being creative in the offensive game using all of the levers available to him. 

It doesn’t preclude a defensive minded coach from recognizing he needs a modern NFL offense. If Wilkes is too close minded to understand that then sure, pass him by. 

The biggest thing is getting the buy in from the players, coaching them smart and tough, and identifying the talent in the first place. 

I feel like if Wilkes was in charge and they gave him a modern stud QB he would be able to figure it out as far as who to get to coach him and design an offense around him. 

Too early to call this. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1