• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule to Nebraska?

Mr. Scot

42 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

I'm curious too but hopefully we're not going to have a string of posts on what rule is doing.

I love seeing updates on past players/coaches etc with the organization as I am always hoping they are doing well at wherever life has taken them. Many I often wonder how they are as I never see any updates at all and am often left curious how life is going for them and what they are involved in now. With that said, Rhule I wish nothing but the best and hope everything works out great for him but he is one in which im less interested in potentially I guess because he is so new to having just left the organization maybe. He definitely belongs in college at most but something tells me in future years if he builds his name back that he may end up back in the NFL again. I have a feeling he wont be able to stay away and will want to try his hand at it allover again and some team will give him a shot as a coordinator then a head coach.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It would be hilarious. I'm definitely currious and that is a trainwreck worth peaking over once in a while for laughs. i would be shocked if he could pull off his schtick at a school like than and not a mid teir team. 

Nebraska fans may think they couldn't downgrade from Frost, but they're about to get a rude awakening. Hiring him is a money bet for 1-10.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Curious what happens here after a couple years and we draft someone out of Nebraska. The meltdown will be epic.

Snow runs a good college D and likes quality physical traits.  No worries on that side. The other side I would be very skeptical of those players.

• Beer 1

Nebraska "ain't what it used to be."  They are begging for anything that provides hope for them to be competitive with big hitters in the conference.

There is nothing in Rhule's accomplishments that indicates he can actually do that, but they are looking at his previous college stops got better every year for three years.  He might be able to reproduce that level of success at Nebraska and still not have them competing with the conference big hitters.  He's never stuck around long enough to see if he could go from producing a good record to actually beating heavy-hitters. 

Who knows, that may be good enough to get him in the door at Nebraska (or Arizona State), especially since the program has been disappointing for years.  But, after a few years of that I think Nebraska will want more and the pressure will be on. ASU could be a different story in terms of their tolerance for staying at that level (if he can actually keep a program at that level, which is another unknown).

Or, he will repeat his pattern and move on before he has to show more.  His ceiling right now is to take a flailing program and get it to produce wins.  Bigger success has not been part of that and could be above his ability.  ASU might be content with that ceiling, which is why I think they are a better long-term fit.

I will give him this: he would most likely make them more competitive in the area of recruiting, because we know he can BS 17 and 18 year olds.  Hell, he BSed a 60-year old billionaire to the tune of $60+M, so a 17-year-old kid is child's play.

• Beer 1

He will turn them into a powerhouse, and they will, in a strange scheduling blunder, defeat the Panthers 23-12 during the 2025 season.  The Panther head coach at the time, Mac Brown (age 75), will have his life support plug pulled after the game by Tepper, who then announces that he is moving the team to Munich and changing the mascot to the German Shepherds.  The rest of my crystal ball is foggy.

I am off work today--can you tell?

• The D 1