• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

12 minutes ago, stirs said:

Richardson at the top of the 2nd makes sense.

He is way more accomplished in passing than Cam ever was.  We would in short order be the Ravens.  His game is close to Lamar Jackson, but with a bit more size.  100yds running and 180 passing per game.

Win the Super Bowl?  Therein lies the development question

You aren't winning the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson. 

I don't want a Lamar. He sucks.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

I like Minshew as a Taylor Heinicke type of reliable backup, but does he have the mentoring/knowledge to bring along a rookie?

if the goal is to grow a good mustache then minshew would be a great mentor. as a QB mentor ...i don't know about that.

• Pie 3

I'd rather BPA, and trade back in for AR 15 if there's a way to pull that off. 

Get your stud at the top, and take the high dev max talent prospect. 

I'd be ok with a trade back with DET as they have two firsts that might facilitate a move like this vs us having to trade back into the 1st. 

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Beer 1

Just now, rayzor said:

if the goal is to grow a good mustache then minshew would be a great mentor. as a QB mentor ...i don't know about that.

If the Bills don't re-sign Case Keenum, I like the idea of him the best.  I wouldn't mind Andy Dalton either.  Both guys probably realize if they want to stay in the League, a backup gig is the likely role.  Both are former starters that had some success.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There is no question mark at this end of this thread…it’s a statement.

I believe @ForJimmybrought this up in a thread but there are a number of huddlers that throw out draft a qb but won’t commit to a name because the fear of being wrong is rampant in this place…anyway…

If you are drafting a qb which one from this class ARE you taking.

me it’s Bryce Young.

I certainly understand.  Just about ever QB has turned up snake eyes.  However, the law of averages will catch up and you will get a good QB.  (In other words, even the worst bowler will get a strike at some point.)

I think the jury is still out for Corral.  He still has potential.  He has the talent but, does he have the mentally to play in the NFL.  I hate to admit, I am an Ole Miss alumni who has lost confidence in Corral.

After yesterday’s game, I do not have confidence in Baker.

Darnold has been tested with poor results.  Yes he could have been in a slump.  But, most people don’t slump for a season and a half.

I think PJ Walker is the QB on the roster.  I think he is the easiest to develop.

Though is to take Bryce Young in the draft. If he is available.  I don’t know any others off the top of my head.  PJ Walker should be backup.  

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I guess Tepper wasn't the worst possible outcome after all. 😂

He's here all week folks.  Please don't forget to tip your server.  And may I say, the pork chops are especially good tonight.

People, be they fans or personnel people, can find a reason every one of these guys is not worth the risk.  But, thanks to some brilliant moves as part of The Process, we really have little choice but to pick one with our first round pick or try to trade back into the first round after our pick to get somebody at the position. 

I am certainly not opposed to picking one with our first round pick and then cycling back and picking another one later on.  I jokingly said in a thread a few weeks ago that we should draft a QB with every single pick we have, only I was really half-joking!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1