• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns on Wilks

NAS

I also wouldn't be mad at Lane Kiffin. Especially if he had a better second stint as HC in the NFCS. If he became a good/great coach and the Panthers gave him the chance Tampa didn't and we unknowingly create a chicken coming home to roost situation for a division rival?! All the more delicious.

44 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

This coaching hire should be top priority and guys who may want the job who have a .690 NFL win percentage may want to talk to the Panthers about the HC job. He was a Panther himself and a longtime Bears QB also. Before hiring Matt Rhule Vegas had Harbaugh as odds favorite. There's a reason for that. It was our best move.....and we brought in the clown.

Talk to Harbaugh.

Excited Michigan Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

I wouldn't hate it, but you gotta think there's a near 0% chance the next hire comes from college after this mess with Rhule.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I wouldn't hate it, but you gotta think there's a near 0% chance the next hire comes from college after this mess with Rhule.

He's a lifelong NFL guy as a player/Coach who happens to be coaching in college again.

This is the man who developed Andrew Luck and the man who took one read Kraepernick to a Superbowl and almost beat his brother John.

Four years coaching up the crappy disfunctional 49ers to the big game amassing a .695 win percentage in 4yrs in a tough NFL?!

There's nobody more NFL ready in my mind.

Burns was polished in the interview 

However, on not endorsing the ‘team is better under’  Wilks comment, another point of view is  perhaps Burns didn’t like being called out as ‘stars need to be stars’ from Wilks 

I don’t disagree at all with Wilks on that comment   It needed to be said if they are ever going to start beating better competition 

burns has a tendency to disappear against better teams at times.  Some of that is double teams and not having another rusher to help out 

lets see how a rested Burns does against Seattle …which has a QB that can throw from the pocket and a decent RB 

I hope he tears Seattle up 

or, he could’ve felt it insulting as he felt the defense had played well all year, who knows