• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: "Teams should not wear black jerseys"

PanthersATL

True statement from the article: Choosing to use black in any fashion, if not part of a team’s color scheme, is lazy, boring

But then there's this:

Here’s a list of teams that can wear black in their main unis or in an alternate, because black is part of their original color scheme:
Carolina Panthers — only because no one cares

I think we can all agree -- blue jerseys or black jerseys are where it's at.  White jerseys are questionable at best

Source: https://deadspin.com/teams-should-be-outlawed-from-wearing-black-1849825452

Edited by PanthersATL
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Black absolutely makes sense since you know we are the Panthers.

We aren't the Bluebirds. We aren't the Ocean.

We are the damn Panthers. Panthers are Black.

I despise the Blue Jerseys and they shouldn't have existed.

You're wrong.  Blue top/white bottom is our best combo.  I said what I said.

• Pie 2

This sounds like somebody’s personal opinion.  Something in people magazine, or on the view.

Key words are “Lazy”, “Boring “.  This just sounds like an opinion.  Probably was cut off by a black cat 🐈‍⬛ and crashed into the ditch.

there was an opinion, several years ago, that black uniforms were intimidating.  Atlanta Falcon coach, Jerry Glandville, changed team colors from red to black, for this reason.

We're simultaneously in contention for a top 3 draft pick, and winning our division, and it's not every year you get to say that. So now is not the time for a fashion thread. Save that for March when we need something to talk about.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 1

Our logo is a black panther with blue highlights. If you’re going just by what makes the most sense with the team colors and mascot, our primaries would be all black with the blue stripes. Don’t lump us in with the rest of these teams who have no reason to wear black. You ever seen a black falcon?

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Black absolutely makes sense since you know we are the Panthers.

We aren't the Bluebirds. We aren't the Ocean.

We are the damn Panthers. Panthers are Black.

I despise the Blue Jerseys and they shouldn't have existed.

ACKCHYUALLY hair face facial expression person nose text human behavior smile emotion male head cartoon forehead hairstyle cheek clip art black and white eyewear boy vision care

Black "Panthers" do not exist, they are just black jaguars/leopards.

Our mascot is as real as Unicorns and Dragons. We could make our main color whatever we wanted and it would work. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_panther

My apologies for being "that guy"

• Pie 2
  • The D 1