• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person looks at Mayfield, Rhule and "revisionist history"

Mr. Scot

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It will be fun to see how much more behind the curtain we get to see as a result of Rhule frantically trying to change the narratives about his tenure here. So much would have just stayed behind the scenes and now it is going to be public because he crossed so many people.

I don't know whether Person already knew all this stuff (sounds like he might have) or if any of it was "mysteriously leaked" to him.

And yeah, more of that wouldn't surprise me.

• Beer 4

31 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s why I take everything after someone leaves with a grain of salt. Heck, it happens in every business. The person who left gets thrown under the bus to make the current folks look good. We saw all the wow the Panthers are all of a sudden tough now, which lasted a couple days before Cincy took us to the woodshed.

Not saying Rhule didn’t suck, just that the current staff has the local reporters ears and those reporters will likely say whatever they are told and no chance it will it be bad news about the current staff.

I just ignore these snippets because I’ve seen it even in my line of work where the people that left get blamed for things they did and things some people want other people to believe they did. Some truth, some under the bus throwing and we’ll likely never really know because we weren’t there.

Difference here is they weren't saying anything at all, and still might not be. Person may have already known all this.

Rhule could have kept quiet too, but he chose to shoot his mouth off.

So if there are any further revelations, it'll be his own fault.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, stbugs said:

May have, that’s my point. I know you despise Rhule but he’s gone, time to stop dwelling. I’m sure you’ve worked at jobs where people left, especially not on great terms. Stories and throwing people under the bus was common, especially by folks who wanted to look better and the folks who wanted to look better can disseminate their story. The people who left don’t have the same mouth pieces (local reporters here). There are truths because there’s reasons why they left and there are blame games to get the bad moves on someone else’s resume.

If Person knew before, why not make it a story early on when Mayfield is floundering. I remember more than a few people in here giving kudos to Fitterer for Mayfield and making more decisions this year, including you. Now that Mayfield is a bust, he’s hooked to Rhule who’s already gone and to be honest, unless we have a recording of it, we’ll never know the truth, which is probably something lame like a joint decision.

Now you're revising history.

So apparently the real reason for your skepticism is it contradicts your narrative.

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Phil Snow's...

correct.

https://www.nfl.com/news/matt-rhule-on-why-panthers-didn-t-pick-qb-in-draft-i-just-believe-in-sam-darnold

"We were sitting there one day on defense, and I can't remember (exactly) what we were watching, we were watching a cut up, and Sam was playing on the other side of the ball, and a couple times he made some throws, and Phil Snow, our defensive coordinator, was like, 'Man, that kid looks like Matt Stafford.' And so, we put a couple games on – and this is the defensive staff -- and they were all like, 'You know what, every game we watch, he makes a couple of big-time plays, and there has to be some meat on the bone there,' "