• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Credit?

CPcavedweller

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

The worry is you can’t keep winning like this long-term in a passing league. It’s fine if we get ahead but we haven’t shown we can pass the ball. 

Which is why we can still fire Mcadoo and draft some playmakers at receiver. We are running out of necessity. We don't have the athletes to throw the ball all over the field. Our tight ends are garbage and that's really the difference in today's passing game versus 2004.

That said, we are a half game out of first place in our division.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Uh I’ll give him credit for doing a decent job but it’s not like he’s setting the league on fire. He should get an interview but not serious consideration. As others have said he’s just Rivera with a different name. That’s the worst thing we could do. 

Three quarterbacks, seven or so position coaches, and new defensive coordinator, all in one season.

I'd like to see another coach do what he's done with what has gone on herez especially considering the dumpster fire that Rhule left.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

This could very well end up being a similar situation to the Raiders with Bisaccia. You think the Raiders aren't wishing they kept him instead of McDaniels? Unless we can either get the Eagles or Lions OC, then just keep Wilks.

I just don't see Wilks as a superbowl HC unfortunately. Just the same mold as Rivera/Fox ball.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Uh I’ll give him credit for doing a decent job but it’s not like he’s setting the league on fire. He should get an interview but not serious consideration. As others have said he’s just Rivera with a different name. That’s the worst thing we could do. 

I know we share a lot of the same takes but Wilks looks more competent than Rivera. Ron would have been canned early in his tenure here if he didn’t have Luke and Cam to run into the ground . 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Which is why we can still fire Mcadoo and draft some playmakers at receiver. We are running out of necessity. We don't have the athletes to throw the ball all over the field. Our tight ends are garbage and that's really the difference in today's passing game versus 2004.

That said, we are a half game out of first place in our division.

Rookie TEs, and most rookie WRs don’t make major impacts. Jefferson and Chase are not the norm. And there are no Jefferson or Chase type prospects in this draft. We need to draft a QB. For folks who enjoyed the style of game we played today you could have put Anthony Richardson in there and expanded the run-game even more. If we can get a stud offensive coordinator, cool. But then that guy will be gone in a couple years if we are good. It’s why most folks want an offensive mind. 

• Pie 1