• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you In favor of bring back Laviska Shenault next season?

micnificent28

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I'm not saying don't keep him; what I am saying is that you have to know who he is and his limitations. The Panthers are trying to play to his strengths, and that's exactly what they should be doing.

The Panthers are playing to the strength of the QB, not the WRs. That is why DJ Moore has looked significantly better in years past when we had even a guy like Teddy. We are run heavy to protect the QB and when we throw we are looking to throw short quick routes to protect the QB. They just want to treat it like an extension of the run game. 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tracking a ball is really something that you have or you don't. Could he learn it? Perhaps in theory, but not in a practical sense. He's a pro now, and really should've already learned it. It limits him. When it comes to between him and someone else who is more complete, he'll likely always be the odd man out.

He has produced at a pretty high level against NFl competition in the past. He may not track the ball amazing but he has something in him and definitely can contribute which I feel he could expand on in some areas even if tracking the ball may not be one if what you say is true.

Just now, Varking said:

The Panthers are playing to the strength of the QB, not the WRs. That is why DJ Moore has looked significantly better in years past when we had even a guy like Teddy. We are run heavy to protect the QB and when we throw we are looking to throw short quick routes to protect the QB. They just want to treat it like an extension of the run game. 

The Panthers should be playing to the strengths of all their players, and I believe that we're actually doing that now that Rhule is gone. We've been a run-first team as long as I can remember.

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

He has produced at a pretty high level against NFl competition in the past. He may not track the ball amazing but he has something in him and definitely can contribute which I feel he could expand on in some areas even if tracking the ball may not be one if what you say is true.

He has produced at a decent level. I've said that the Panthers are playing to his strengths, and that's what they should be doing. 

It's not what I say, it's really what others have said. I had questions about why the Jags traded him, and why we weren't using him on the outside, so I did research. It all became crystal clear after that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

He has produced at a decent level. I've said that the Panthers are playing to his strengths, and that's what they should be doing. 

It's not what I say, it's really what others have said. I had questions about why the Jags traded him, and why we weren't using him on the outside, so I did research. It all became crystal clear after that.

You are probably on to something there as there must be a reason for it. He has lots of value if he is used correctly for sure. Hope the next OC can figure it out and get the ball in his hands,

30 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I love this guy. Hes such a weird body type but plays with heart and fight every touch he gets. He might not be a 1 and 2 might be his ceiling but, I love him as a 3 or x factor type guy. I think we havent even scratched the surface of what he can do if he gets RB touches.

He could be a legit 2 in a legit NFL passing offense under a legit NFL OC with a solid NFL QB, which we don't currently have.  In the meantime, give him as many touches as possible however he can get them.  He is a beast and so fun to watch.  McAdoodoo really does hamstring the entire offense with his scheme and play designs, outside of the run game...  DJ didn't just suddenly become trash...  TMJ and Shenault could be eating so much more, too...  hell, we barely run any play designed to go 5 yards beyond the LOS.  It sucks, but it's the only way we can win with McAdoodoo already in place for the time being.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The Panthers should be playing to the strengths of all their players, and I believe that we're actually doing that now that Rhule is gone. We've been a run-first team as long as I can remember.

I don’t think we are. DJ does great with the deep ball. We aren’t running him deep with Sam at QB. That’s just one example. DJ has been a 1k yard+ guy a year every year. He didn’t magically become lesser this season. It’s shoddy QB play. DJ is having his worse year as a full time guy, Robbie was having his worst year ever here, TMJ has been nothing, Shi Smith has been nothing, Tremble looks worse this year, this is easily the worst year of Laviskas career. 

We aren’t coaching these guys to be lesser. We’ve even commented that this is the best offensive line we have had in a long time. So the QB is better protected, our run game is dominant at times, and yet we choose to dunk and dunk with Sam. When we even tried to throw the ball in goal line we had no success. 

The Carolina Panthers offense, for years, has been limited by QB play. This year is no different. 

I don’t believe Wilks and Mc are playing to everyone’s strengths on offense at all. If they were, not every pass catcher would be having their worst season this year. 

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

He could be a legit 2 in a legit NFL passing offense under a legit NFL OC with a solid NFL QB, which we don't currently have.  In the meantime, give him as many touches as possible however he can get them.  He is a beast and so fun to watch.  McAdoodoo really does hamstring the entire offense with his scheme and play designs, outside of the run game...  DJ didn't just suddenly become trash...  TMJ and Shenault could be eating so much more, too...  hell, we barely run any play designed to go 5 yards beyond the LOS.  It sucks, but it's the only way we can win with McAdoodoo already in place for the time being.

I should have refreshed before I hit post. You shared my view on the offense. These guys as pass catchers weren’t being elevated in the past by Teddy, Kyle, the ghost of Cam, Sam, Taylor or PJ. And they are worse this season statistically because we aren’t playing to any of their strengths.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, every team needs players like Shenault.  His old fashion smash mouth style of play energizes everyone around him.   

He definitely is. He's exciting out of the backfield.  Really fun to watch, and teams need to account for him because it takes more than one guy to take him down.

• Pie 1