• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Steelers at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

New OC, oh yeah, 100%.  Anyone who is a fan of any of these rookie QBs needs them to stay away from this team.  As much of an uphill climb it is to be success early on as a rookie QB, we will ensure the dude is a bust.

seem he had a good preseason and saw him early in the season and haven't seen him since. Who knows what happen to him.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think we are saying different things but possibly agreeing. I think our current staff is terrible. However, if we get the right group of coaches I don’t think we are a terrible landing spot for a rookie QB. 

Mostly agree...especially on the staff, but a first year staff and a rookie QB with gaping holes at ALL other skill positions on offense is completely a bad landing spot for a rookie QB.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Mostly agree...especially on the staff, but a first year staff and a rookie QB with gaping holes at ALL other skill positions on offense is completely a bad landing spot for a rookie QB.

Our OL is decent (yeah they had a bad game today, but overall young and solid). If we draft a TE with one of our 2nd round picks and extend Bozeman we aren’t too far off IMO. Do we need an elite WR? Sure, but we can make do with DJ, TMJ, a cheap vet, and a committee behind them.

Let our new HC and QB get their feet wet and then load up around the QB the following offseason when our cap is cleared up. It’s a decent path forward IMO.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Our OL is decent (yeah they had a bad game today, but overall young and solid). If we draft a TE with one of our 2nd round picks and extend Bozeman we aren’t too far off IMO. Do we need an elite WR? Sure, but we can make do with DJ, TMJ, a cheap vet, and a committee behind them.

Let our new HC and QB get their feet wet and then load up around the QB the following offseason when our cap is cleared up. It’s a decent path forward IMO.

I'm about loading up on the skill positions and trotting out a serviceable QB and go all in the next draft.  If we want to take a day 3 flyer pick at QB fine, but if we at starting out at Levis as the ceiling this draft, then I'm will to wait.  The Texans lost today, we can't leapfrog them.  They will take QB#1.   QB2 will likely be gone too.  There's not a Herbert-type waiting on us as QB3, sorry.  Load up everywhere else and make it a comfy fit for a rookie QB in '24.

Edited by 45catfan

32 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Keith Taylor got used and abused. If I have an issue with Wilks or Holcomb it is because they did not help him out.

Facts! Leaving him one on one with 3rd and 14 was horrible. Wilks said Keith need to make a play, but coaches need to put him in better position to make a play.  A simple zone with a four man rush with our "All Pro" D end Burns should suffice

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, YungHamm said:

Facts! Leaving him one on one with 3rd and 14 was horrible. Wilks said Keith need to make a play, but coaches need to put him in better position to make a play.  A simple zone with a four man rush with our "All Pro" D end Burns should suffice

Holcomb was a horrid DC in Arizona too.  The D is regressing.  Its bad.

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm about loading up on the skill positions and trotting out a serviceable QB and go all in the next draft.  If we want to take a day 3 flyer pick at QB fine, but if we at starting out at Levis as the ceiling this draft, then I'm will to wait.  The Texans lost today, we can't leapfrog them.  They will take QB#1.   QB2 will likely be gone too.  There's not a Herbert-type waiting on us as QB3, sorry.  Load up everywhere else and make it a comfy fit for a rookie QB in '24.

That’s a good approach. Some like finding your QB then building around him and his strengths. There are several ways to do it, but we have been passing on drafting a QB for too long. I have nothing against Levis, probably prefer AR, but both have some elite traits and need a good bit of coaching/development. Most QBs struggle their rookie year anyway, so year 2/3 is when you load up IMO. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s a good approach. Some like finding your QB then building around him and his strengths. There are several ways to do it, but we have been passing on drafting a QB for too long. I have nothing against Levis, probably prefer AR, but both have some elite traits and need a good bit of coaching/development. Most QBs struggle their rookie year anyway, so year 2/3 is when you load up IMO. 

That's fine and well if you have an established coaching staff with an established identity.  The problem is we will have a rookie coaching staff too.  Even Wilks will have to rebuild nearly the entire staff if he's actually retained.  Too much for a raw, greenhorn QB to overcome.  Let the staff get a year to get their feet underneath them, THEN let them figure out the type of QB they want, that fits their system.

• Pie 1