• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are currently picking 8th.

Snake

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Lawrence has been the best QB in football since the beginning of November. I think we need to define what young is. Under what? 30? 28? I think there are a bunch of good young QBs in the NFL. I think the Brady and Rodgers type guys have finally fallen off. 

My criteria is 3 seasons or less in the nfl.

36 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I said three of four.  Burrow was the fourth.  

Lawrence has played well of late, but imo the jury is still out on any qb's drafted last year.  

Rarely do QBs show how successful they will be year two. I would say Fields is looking like a bust just simply because how terrible that entire team has been. He definitely might bust and I was a big fan of his. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Rarely do QBs show how successful they will be year two. I would say Fields is looking like a bust just simply because how terrible that entire team has been. He definitely might bust and I was a big fan of his. 

With no team around him Fields last 6 games:

94 of 138 ( 68% ) passing for 1000 yards, 10 passing touchdowns, 6 rushing touchdowns, 636 yards on the ground and just 4 INT. 0 lost fumbles. 

That’s a trash roster around him on offense and he’s doing work. Looking like anything but a bust at the moment. 

I won’t even compare that to how trash we’ve been at passing the last 6 games.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I think the needle is pointing up for Fields.  He is carrying Chicago's offense and about the only positive about that team.  Give him some weapons and see if he can turn some of these games into some wins next year.  I might even go as far as saying I'd take him at his current state vs any QB in this draft.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Varking said:

With no team around him Fields last 6 games:

94 of 138 ( 68% ) passing for 1000 yards, 10 passing touchdowns, 6 rushing touchdowns, 636 yards on the ground and just 4 INT. 0 lost fumbles. 

That’s a trash roster around him on offense and he’s doing work. Looking like anything but a bust at the moment. 

I won’t even compare that to how trash we’ve been at passing the last 6 games.

thats very impressive. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

We need to find a way into the top 5 somehow (aka lose the rest of our games).

We either get a Franchise QB or get a Franchise Edge rusher if we do - both things we need very badly.

Drafting at the top doesn’t guarantee you get a franchise QB. Just look at the history of qb’s picked in the top 10 who actually panned out.

18 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Drafting at the top doesn’t guarantee you get a franchise QB. Just look at the history of qb’s picked in the top 10 who actually panned out.

It guarantees you that you are relying on less teams to mess up your chances going after “your guy”. 

• Pie 1

We just need to sign Gardner Minshew II.  Draft a stud DE in the top 10.  Fill out the holes with our other picks.  Him and Matt Corral in a QB room would be a blast.  Our offense needs some spice and flavor, this dude has the recipe to at least make the Panthers fun again.  I really hope he starts for Philly this week and our scouting department is all over the tape.  I know I'll be glued to that game if he's playing.

Aside from the hype that his personality brings, the QB's coming out this year are not impact QB's.  It's going to take a few seasons for any of them to develop into what he is capable of.  We aren't getting Young or Stroud.  Levis is not it.  Hooker is about the same age as GMII without the years of pro experience.  Long story short, most college QB's outside of a clear #1 such as Burrow or Lawrence are a roll of the dice.  None of the 2023 draft class is worth what it would take to make a boss move to into the top 3 or 5.

2023 Free Agent QB's - 

Lamar Jackson - He's not leaving Baltimore

Tom Brady - He's not coming here

Teddy Bridgewater - nope

Baker Mayfield - nope

Sam Darnold -  We know how this will go, maybe as a back-up if Corral has no future

Daniel Jones - Basically Sam Darnold 2023, hard pass

Jimmy Garoppolo - The QB equivalent of the missionary possession; no risk, can get the job done, but after a while everyone has your game figured out.

Jacoby Brissett - One part Teddy B mixed with a garnish of Jimmy G

This is the hill I am willing to die on until Uncle Rico rescues me with deep pass sailing past our mountain of futility. Keep Wilks, bring in Frank Reich as OC or throw a bag of money at Shane Steichen so GMII can come in knowing the offense.

Washington Football Team Wsu GIF by Pac-12 Network

• Poo 1

24 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

We just need to sign Gardner Minshew II.  Draft a stud DE in the top 10.  Fill out the holes with our other picks.  Him and Matt Corral in a QB room would be a blast.  Our offense needs some spice and flavor, this dude has the recipe to at least make the Panthers fun again.  I really hope he starts for Philly this week and our scouting department is all over the tape.  I know I'll be glued to that game if he's playing.

Aside from the hype that his personality brings, the QB's coming out this year are not impact QB's.  It's going to take a few seasons for any of them to develop into what he is capable of.  We aren't getting Young or Stroud.  Levis is not it.  Hooker is about the same age as GMII without the years of pro experience.  Long story short, most college QB's outside of a clear #1 such as Burrow or Lawrence are a roll of the dice.  None of the 2023 draft class is worth what it would take to make a boss move to into the top 3 or 5.

2023 Free Agent QB's - 

Lamar Jackson - He's not leaving Baltimore

Tom Brady - He's not coming here

Teddy Bridgewater - nope

Baker Mayfield - nope

Sam Darnold -  We know how this will go, maybe as a back-up if Corral has no future

Daniel Jones - Basically Sam Darnold 2023, hard pass

Jimmy Garoppolo - The QB equivalent of the missionary possession; no risk, can get the job done, but after a while everyone has your game figured out.

Jacoby Brissett - One part Teddy B mixed with a garnish of Jimmy G

This is the hill I am willing to die on until Uncle Rico rescues me with deep pass sailing past our mountain of futility. Keep Wilks, bring in Frank Reich as OC or throw a bag of money at Shane Steichen so GMII can come in knowing the offense.

Washington Football Team Wsu GIF by Pac-12 Network

I got no problem with this. But I would still probably take a flier on a QB anywho. As long as we bring in an Offensive staff I could be happy.

• Poo 1