• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steichen as HC

DaveThePanther2008

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He knew how to build one hell of a 3-4 defense. 

Capers was a good coach but when he was given personnel control, he screwed it up pretty badly.

I guess if we've learned any lessons in our team history at all, one of them should be not to give head coaches personnel control.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

23 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I'm not following the logic here then. If the Colts = Panthers and have been dumpster fires since we lost our respective pro bowl QBs, why would Reich do better here than with the Colts? It's actually almost scary how similar... above avg defense, all star RBs, revolving door at QB, losing seasons. 

10-6 (AFC Championship Game)

7-9

11-5 (Playoffs)

9-8 (should have been a division title if Wentz didn’t forget how to play qb in week 18 against the Jags)

3-5-1 before he was fired for Jeff Saturday

The colts absolutely have not been a dumpster fire. It’s been portrayed as one just because of the revolving door at qb, but let’s not pretend for a second that the colts have been in the same class of teams as the panthers since 2018. 

for reference, here’s the panthers record since 2018

7-9

5-11

5-11

5-12

5-9

Edited by bigdog10
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

7-9

11-5 (Playoffs)

9-8 (should have been a division title if Wentz didn’t forget how to play qb in week 18 against the Jags)

The colts absolutely have not been a dumpster fire. It’s been portrayed as one just because of the revolving door at qb, but let’s not pretend for a second that the colts have been in the same class of teams as the panthers since 2018. 

7-9

5-11

5-11

5-12

5-9

I was just quoting the OP I didn’t go look up their schedule but I am like 99.999% sure the colts did not play in the AFC championship game in the year you referenced? 

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Capers was a good coach but when he was given personnel control, he screwed it up pretty badly.

I guess if we've learned any lessons in our team history at all, one of them should be not to give head coaches personnel control.

I don't want him as a head coach but I'd jump through hoops to get him as our DC.  I loved watching our defense when he was here.  He was great in Pittsburgh too.  

He's a perfect fit for DC.  A DC that won't leave for a HC job. 

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't want him as a head coach but I'd jump through hoops to get him as our DC.  I loved watching our defense when he was here.  He was great in Pittsburgh too.  

He's a perfect fit for DC.  A DC that won't leave for a HC job. 

He's 72.

I'm not sure he wants a full-time DC job anymore.

• Beer 2

20 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

7-9

11-5 (Playoffs)

7-9

5-11

5-11

5-12

5-9

See the source image

• The D 1

21 hours ago, mav1234 said:

What Reich got out of a 39 year old Rivers, Wentz, and Brisset was really incredible. Better seasons by each of them (arguably Bridgewater was similar to Brisset tbf) than any Panthers QB since 2015...

Frank to me is the best insurance if Shane isnt in the plans. 

Like others really like steve and hes local ties....wish theres a way he could stay as the DB coach.....hes at his best there.  

• Pie 1