• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Props

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

The ONLY interim coach I know of to lead a team to the playoffs in recent memory was the Raiders coach last year, but that was a team with a winning record and a stacked roster expected to make the playoffs. The situation was nothing like this at all IMO.

And he arguably should have been retained.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

This teams is in the playoffs? Also this team is gonna get its ass whipped. Cowboys will not let us run in them and Diggs wants some more interceptions from Darnold. Making the playoffs is pointless. 

The whole point of my post was the hypothetical that we win out And make the playoffs.

Obviously if we don't it's different.

3 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I hated the darnold trade, but had a feeling he was humbled by being benched and he learned while being out, I knew he was going to better in his return 

I think we would have won more if he had started the season

Maybe. Hard to know for sure. But he was also injured, so.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Maybe. Hard to know for sure. But he was also injured, so.

Perhaps the injury was a blessing in itself as it allowed him to continue to sit and learn?

Someone did mention he was watching other games as well (probably seeing what other QBs are doing and what he can do to better himself)....

I'll say this for him :  He's come a long way from that ridiculous Podcast appearance where he had an over-inflated opinion of himself. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

This teams is in the playoffs? Also this team is gonna get its ass whipped. Cowboys will not let us run in them and Diggs wants some more interceptions from Darnold. Making the playoffs is pointless. 

I am gonna visit this post later...if we make the playoffs.  I think we can beat the boys.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Perhaps the injury was a blessing in itself as it allowed him to continue to sit and learn?

Someone did mention he was watching other games as well (probably seeing what other QBs are doing and what he can do to better himself)....

I'll say this for him :  He's come a long way from that ridiculous Podcast appearance where he had an over-inflated opinion of himself. 

It was definitely a blessing. It got Rhule fired. 

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I hated the darnold trade, but had a feeling he was humbled by being benched and he learned while being out, I knew he was going to better in his return 

I think we would have won more if he had started the season

Darnold does seem to have worked hard to improve himself when he wasn't starting. That speaks to characteristics you want in a QB, even a backup QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1