• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Props

TheCasillas

Darnold is looking like an excellent backup / bridge.  He can't carry a team on his own, but that's fine.

As to AY/A, he's still only at 7.3 IAY/PA, which is not that high. However this means he is finding receivers in space so they can use their athleticism, which is definitely good.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

He will be our starter next season no matter if he's good enough or not to do so. Seems pretty obvious. Corral won't beat him out, we're not drafting anyone who can start day one, and we've wasted too much money/picks bringing in FAs recently.

Depends on what kind of money Sam is wanting, who we draft, and who our OC is.  If Sam wants too much money it's no deal.  His contract should reflect that of a backup QB.  If we draft a QB in the first and are running this power running offense, there is no reason not to go ahead and let the rookie go out there hand the ball off and attempt some passes each quarter.  

20 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We have Corral. We don't need to draft a rookie to do that.

Corral should be in the mix, but I wouldn’t let a 3rd round rookie from a previous coach that has been on IR have much weight on any QB decision. He is a nice luxury to have and if he can develop then it’s a great bonus. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If the right rookie is there, we will. We don't need a rookie to hand it off but we need them to develop to one day lead this team.

A power running offense is a nice way to get a rookie comfortable on this level. The hope is they will develop into something special. Imagine AR mixed in with our running offense for example. It’s not a long term plan for him, but a good way to a young rookie on the field early. It’s kind of how the Niners are playing Purdy.

• Pie 1

I went back and watched the DET game again. Sam missed on a few throws, but most everything he threw was a dime on Sunday. It is almost like aliens abducted him and turned him into a good QB. I guess strong OL play and a running game can do that for a QB. Not sure he can take the next step and make it happen when the opponent KNOWS he has to throw. I imagine we will get a chance to see that at some point in the next 2 games.  

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A power running offense is a nice way to get a rookie comfortable on this level. The hope is they will develop into something special. Imagine AR mixed in with our running offense for example. It’s not a long term plan for him, but a good way to a young rookie on the field early. It’s kind of how the Niners are playing Purdy.

I want a power running offense no matter what QB we have.

Even if we got Mahomes next year I want to run it down people's throats.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I want a power running offense no matter what QB we have.

Even if we got Mahomes next year I want to run it down people's throats.

I started watching football when Riggins was running over everyone with

the R******s (remember them) .

That's football to me .

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1