• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It was fun while it lasted... Love Wilks as a man, but today was the final word on defensive head coaches... In the words of Mike Singletary, "Don't want them. Can't win with them."

Proudiddy

Look at McDermott and the Buffalo situation.  Possibly the exception to the rule?  Don't get me wrong, I want an offensive guru to be our next HC and get away from the stubborn, stodgy, you-can-win-14-to-10, antiquated, conservative, ghost of Jerry Richardson, John Fox/Ron Rivera clone.  But how many Sean McVay's are just sitting around waiting for an HC job?  And would they want to be handcuffed to Darnold, Corral, or who we might be able to get in FA or mid-first round draft?

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Look at McDermott and the Buffalo situation.  Possibly the exception to the rule?  Don't get me wrong, I want an offensive guru to be our next HC and get away from the stubborn, stodgy, you-can-win-14-to-10, antiquated, conservative, ghost of Jerry Richardson, John Fox/Ron Rivera clone.  But how many Sean McVay's are just sitting around waiting for an HC job?  And would they want to be handcuffed to Darnold, Corral, or who we might be able to get in FA or mid-first round draft?

McD, Belichick, and Tomlin are definitely exceptions to the rule.  And look at how the latter two are now faring without HOF QBs and somewhat quality OCs.

Any good OC will believe they can turn chicken poo into chicken salad, no matter what we already have here.  Look at what Sirriani did in Philly when he was hired.  I don't know that their roster was any more appealing than what we have now.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get what you're saying, but to be fair the coach on the other sideline is a defensive coach as well.

Yeah, but Leftwich is highly regarded, and is also likely to become HC somewhere in the near future.  That team is going to be going through it when Leftwich and Brady leave.

I’ve stated the entire time that Wilks had to get us to the playoffs in order for me to want us to keep him. We have had seasons like this before and as with this season, fallen short right at the end again. 

Wilks needed to Prove he was different imo, and winning the division would have proved that. Most of Wilks’s  success this season came from the Fact that he knew how to coach an NFL team and players vs Matt Rhule who didn’t have a fuging clue as to what he was doing. We could’ve gotten this result with any halfway decent NFL coach. Wilks while doing a good job this season and a huge upgrade over Rhule is easily replaceable imo.

if he does some how end up keeping the job, I won’t be mad. Just disappointed we didn’t try to do better.

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

As an interim that inherited a mess he's done a hell of a lot better than Rhule ever did hats off to him there but that isn't the bar. The search continues...

He made the season interesting and brought meaningful football to January for us. Nice.

Now to find a coach that has us playing in February....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3