• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost the game in the trenches

ladypanther

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Also, I was screaming throughout the game why aren't we running more.  The run game didn't not come to play, they weren't given the opportunity to play.  In the second half while we still had the lead it looked like Foreman was finally starting to get going with a few decent runs and then we just kept passing more than throwing.  Maddening.

You know what?   You're right.   Foreman did have a couple of good runs in the 2nd half but for some reason we went away from what got us here. 

The whole point of the running attack was to keep that Botox-looking motherf--ker off the field while scoring points.  

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't think that we got manhandled on the O-line. Was Darnold even sacked today? I know that he was pressured, but it wasn't all bad. We must remember that Tampa has a pretty good D-line. 

Now our D-line just wasn't at all effective, and it's really not surprising to me, as our DEs aren't as big and strong as necessary to push steady O-lines around on a consistent basis. The finesse game may be good enough against mediocre competition, but will only take you so far.

Was he sacked? Are you kidding?

14 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Also, I was screaming throughout the game why aren't we running more.  The run game didn't not come to play, they weren't given the opportunity to play.  In the second half while we still had the lead it looked like Foreman was finally starting to get going with a few decent runs and then we just kept passing more than throwing.  Maddening.

also throw in that dumb wild cat play and read options that resulted in negative plays. just line up and run the ball with Foreman who will at worst get you 1-2 positive yards

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Was he sacked? Are you kidding?

I was at a New Year's celebration. I couldn't pay 100 percent attention on every play.. Even still, two sacks is nothing. Sam had time, and but for one ill-advised force along with a couple of possible under throws, he was slinging the rock enough for us to get a victory. O-lines are never perfect.

18 hours ago, ladypanther said:

So...what happened to the dline and the oline?  Brady had all day to throw which is not good for a good secondary not to mention the scrubs we had playing.   These players want to play hard for Wilks but you could not see it on the field.  Got manhandled up front on both sides of the ball.  That surprised me.

We have been hiding the obvious problems with the oline by scheme all season.  By running down the throat of the defense.  Like I've said for weeks that is always going to be an inconsistent strategy against good teams.  They stacked the box.  Once they got a lead and we were in obvious passing situations our oline couldnt pass protect nearly as well.  Our oline is great at run blocking and average to slightly below average on obvious passing plays.  As far as the D line, they just cant get off blocks.  Once the o lineman gets hands on them they totally give up the rush and stand up.  That's why we never get any late pressure.   We either get through quick or not at all.  Holcomb relying on the front 4 to generate all pressure compared to Snow and his blitzing scheme has exposed them even more.

Edited by Tr3ach