• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not sure TMJ is not TMJAG

top dawg

3 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Quentin Johnston from TCU looks like a stud that would complement DJ and the rest of our receiving corps nicely. Great size/speed combo. Will be interesting to see how he performs against that GA defense.

Another elite WR is an option in the 6-9 range. I would rather have an elite DE prospect if those fall or, obviously ideally, a good QB candidate.

We will see how the board shakes out. I do think this is a spot where we could see a trade down depending on what is available(or projected to be).

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Another elite WR is an option in the 6-9 range. I would rather have an elite DE prospect if those fall or, obviously ideally, a good QB candidate.

We will see how the board shakes out. I do think this is a spot where we could see a trade down depending on what is available(or projected to be).

6-9 is honestly a good position to be in, in terms of having a good selection of quality players.  There's going to be the usual "QB rush" at the top and that might either mean a QB we like more will drop (as Fields did, but .... ) or it might mean that someone(s) reach on a raw but talented prospect (like AR), causing other prospects to fall.  Obviously we'd like to be higher, but our draft is far from ruined IMO.

I would agree if he was put in any position to succeed in his NFL career so far. He hasn't been. Coaching has been terrible. QB play has been terrible. OL play before this year was terrible and this year better in the run game. Give him good coaching and a good QB and see how he does before writing him off.

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

6-9 is honestly a good position to be in, in terms of having a good selection of quality players.  There's going to be the usual "QB rush" at the top and that might either mean a QB we like more will drop (as Fields did, but .... ) or it might mean that someone(s) reach on a raw but talented prospect (like AR), causing other prospects to fall.  Obviously we'd like to be higher, but our draft is far from ruined IMO.

Maybe. It depends on how it shakes out. Sometimes that QB rush doesn't materialize and the order gets strange pretty quickly or a rash of trade ups with throw everything off.

I think we should be able to get a good talent but it may not be in a position that is necessarily worth a top 9 pick.

8-9 is kind of tough sometimes if the top 10 talent is a little thin in high value positions. Seems like this is DL and WR heavy. Both of which we could use.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Here We Go Again GIF

The Fitterer special. 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, top dawg said:

Some of y'all know how I love my receivers. An exciting game-changing diva that will take a game over by getting open early and often gets my juices flowing.

Terrace Marshall Jr. has the prototypical size, 4.4 speed and can jump out the gym. So, his inability to make his presence on the field known to all on a continuous basis is beginning to look like a red flag to me. We aren't talking about the QB position here; elite receivers inject themselves into the conversation (so to speak) during the first year---and maybe second year latest---if we're being honest. TMJ has shown a flash here or there, and then disappeared. Elite receivers don't disappear at all---they must always be accounted for---and even good receivers rarely disappear for two or three games at a time. 

I'm still hopeful for TMJ to become a guy that scares the opposition, but I'm not holding my breath. He had a good opportunity to become a known commodity across the league during most of this season, but he hasn't done that. 

We need to draft a legitimate route-running technician at wide receiver. This should open the offense up quite a bit. I'm not sure we have that guy, but TMJ is looking less like that guy, which is very disappointing considering how much he has been on the field.

Why post something like this when he can't pass to himself? The last two games he has had CBs beat for six and Darnold flat out missed with the throws. Dude gave a110% trying to catch the two passes that were both thrown short. If our QB was Rodgers, you may have a point, but its not. Its Sam Darnold with PJ Walker as backup. 

• Pie 1

He was close to averaging 3 recs and 50 yards......look for a run first team along with dj moore....those are not "jags" numbers. 

He needs a REAL WR coach, not some BC rookie....A legit 20 exp year gray hair guy. Plus he needs to come into TC in his best shape. Im not ready to cut him, but hope he has more of a impact.....it was a god damn joke for rhule to keep him inactive especially once the season was over, soooo dumb.